Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
AKADQ

Post 405 Pub & Grille

Has anyone tried the new place ? Same owners as Lakeside famous roast beef and that's been a great addition to the city...
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AKADQ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default And it is located where????

While you are looking for someone who may have tried it, you may also get feed back from someone who has not been, but may try it...if they knew where it was.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
bclaker

Galley Rigione's was at 405 Union Avenue. Probably that's the location. I heard someone was re-opening it.
bclaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bclaker For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (10-31-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Whimsey

Default Laconia Daily Sun Article on 405 opening

An article describing the new restaurant from the Laconia Daily Sun.
http://www.laconiadailysun.com/index...-pub-grill-583
Whimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whimsey For This Useful Post:
Overlake97 (11-07-2013), surfnsnow (11-01-2013)
Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Major

Default 405 Pub & Grille Now Open

Drove by last weekend, and the 405 appeared to be open. We are trying it out this coming weekend.
Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Major

My parents are going to the 405 this evening. I'll let you know what they think.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Current Staff

I recognized the faces from the Margate gazebo bar. The service is so so and the food was good, but not to go out of your way for.
Lyver (01-06-2014)
Old 11-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Greene's Basin Girl

I had lunch with friends yesterday at the 405. The food was delicious! The onion soup had a combination of bread, provolone and Swiss cheese along with the onions and the broth. The Reuben panini was also wonderful. I met the owner Dave. He seems like a great guy who is working hard at making his restaurant special. The place was very busy.
We will return again and again!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post:
AKADQ (11-11-2013), Lakemamma (11-07-2013), Overlake97 (11-11-2013), Sully (12-22-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
Major

Went to the 405 last weekend. The menu was very similar to the Lakeside. Nice bar and décor. The food was good, as was the service. We will be back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Major For This Useful Post:
AKADQ (11-11-2013)
Old 11-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
gravy boat

Thumbs up Great lunch today!

A few friends and I decided to check out 405 after the craft fair and we were very pleased. Fresh ingredients, great service, nice atmosphere and excellent food for the price. The Greek salad with grilled chicken was outstanding - two of us ordered that. One of my friends ordered the veggie wrap with sweet potato fries and cleaned her plate. And the specialty martinis were excellent!

Highly recommend!!! Nice crowd and very busy with crowded bar area and good number in dining room. Great vibes and friendly staff and patrons.

I believe we just found a new local hangout for the games and great food!

Gravy
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #11
Diver Vince

Went there for lunch the other day. Onion soup was AWESOME.
Diver Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
AKADQ

Thumbs up Good addition to the Lakes Region

Had dinner with another couple last weekend and everyone was impressed with the atmosphere and their meal. Dave the owner came over and said to try the baked stuff haddock with seafood stuffing and if we didn't like it he would buy our meal. Well he didn't have to buy it back because the wife cleaned her plate and hasn't stopped talking about it since. I had the steak tips and was happy with my meal as well. The prices are in line within our area and the staff was accommodating and friendly.
You should try his lunch menu, great sandwiches just like his other shop "Lakeside famous Roast Beef" down the street from Dairy Queen...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AKADQ For This Useful Post:
Den65 (12-07-2013), riverat (12-08-2013)
Old 12-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
jetskier

Post Stopped by for dinner

Hi all,

We stopped by for dinner tonight and I spent some time talking to Dave.
  • They are currently operating with a limited menu and will be moving to a more comprehensive menu with additions such as steaks and salmon in about a week. The current (limited) menu is very pub food oriented. I took a photo and can post it if anyone is interested...probably makes sense to wait for the full menu to come out.
  • The lot across the street does belong to the restaurant. At night it is almost impossible to see the sign and we ended up parking on the street not knowing.
  • They will be putting together a web page...currently there is only a facebook page.

As for the dinner, the service was attentive and the quality of the food was very good. My only gripe (minor) is that the nachos were a little bland for my taste, but knowing that I would ask them to kick them up next time.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jetskier For This Useful Post:
Den65 (12-07-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #14
Long Island Baba

Default We enjoyed 405 Pub & Grille

We have been fans of Dave, etc at the Lakeside Roast Beef joint for some time and finally made it to the new place at 405 Union Ave, a few doors down.

One hamburger. Geez, it was big. One salad with steak tips. Very tasty.

The place was clean and quiet even though there were about 20 folks in there. The layout is pretty cool with TV's to watch sports (or weather reports) in several areas. The service was good and ladies friendly.

A surprise was the moonshine at the bar. We were offered a taste and of course ordered one. I guess they mostly sell it in "shots". Had a fruity flavor. Something different but good.

We will go there again. It is a mellow version of the 99 Restaurant. Or we got there on a slow day, not sure. The menu is limited but surely something for everyone. If you want the signature roast beef, it is not on the menu and you will have to stop at Lakeside.

Give it a shot. Parking is limited though.
Long Island Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #15
Lyver

Default 405 Review

Stopped in a few weeks ago to try the 405. Dave greeted us and quickly seated us to the right in the dinning area, where it was super warm (I love the heat!). Leah was our server and was good. We started with drinks... I had something on the menu called the Loopy Fruit. TERRIBLE! Leah later told us that the woman behind the bar had to look up what was in the drink (um, if it's on your drink special menu, shouldn't you know what in it!?) My husband ordered a Bloody Mary, which is hard to screw up, that was also terrible! Watered down and the Bloody Mary mix we could tell was from a bottle. We aren't people to cheat a restaurant out of food or money, so when Leah asked how the drinks were we told her, but asked her not to replace them or comp them. We started with the buffalo tenders as an appetizer and they were GREAT! Freshly made and a good portion! My husband ordered the sausage sub for dinner and I had the veggie wrap. The veggie wrap was good, wasn't blown away by it, but not sure how you could make it better. My husband's sausage sub wasn't very flavorful... the peppers and onions had been boiled and it took most of the flavor away from the sandwich.

Went back about 2 weeks later to catch up with some friends for just drinks and appetizers. I was late to arrive and everyone had food and drinks when I arrived. The nachos and pizza they ordered looked wonderful, were huge, and tasted great. I again tried to get a different drink special on the menu, this time option for the Pear-tini. Waaaayyyy too much lime juice and again wasn't impressed with the drinks. I ordered the buffalo tenders, knowing they were good.

So bottom line, great appetizers and pizzas, but skip the cocktails (I'm not a beer or wine drinker, so I'm outta luck with that one).
Lyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #16
Overlake97

Thumbs up Two visits; both great!

First stopped in a few weeks ago, and sat in the "porch" area adjacent to the side street. On that visit I had a great chicken parmesan, made even better by the excellent marinara sauce (same as at the Lakeside). My wife tasted it and agreed, saying next time she'd ask for some spaghetti/pasta, even though it's not listed separately on the menu, just to get some of that sauce.

Last week, on one of those super-cold nights, we tried them again. Interestingly, even though it was freezing out, inside it was warm and cozy, due in large part to the fact that both entrances bring you into the same large outer area before you open the inner door. Food this time was ribs for me and salad with steak tips for my wife. She also had one of their soups ('chicken rice' I think). Again, both of our meals were excellent. My rib order was huge (two large slabs - for $17, I think), and my sides were fries (nice: generous serving and hand-cut) and broccoli (instead of cole slaw). Usually I end up asking for some barbeque sauce on the side, but these ribs were so moist and flavorful I didn't even need the extra sauce. I ended up taking half the ribs and fries home. My wife also really enjoyed her steak tips/salad, and I know this for two reasons: First, that's what she told me (duh), but more importantly - and tellingly - she did not offer me ANY of her steak tips, which she usually always ends up doing. We've never ordered any drinks beyond beer and wine, so I can't really comment about "drink/bar quality," but I was happy to see my beer served in an icy/frosty cold glass and my wife was happy with the volume of wine served. One final nice thing about the 405 is that they always seen fairly busy, which creates an inviting atmosphere above and beyond the great work they've put into transforming the inside. Suffice to say, we'll be back soon.
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #17
belly_button_biter

Default not a good sign

Just past by the 405. There was a sign "Super Bowl Party with Free Pizza and Draught" and the place was nearly empty during the game.
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #18
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Patriots Nation

I find many people not interested in watching the game. I'm glad I didn't as many folks claim it was pretty boring! So much for Downton Abbey!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #19
AKADQ

Thumbs up Great food !

Had a great meal with my wife and friends at the 405 last night. The hostess, waitstaff, meals & price were all good. Dave even stopped by and talked for a bit...
Old 03-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #20
belly_button_biter

8 wings for $9. We need laws about this
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belly_button_biter For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #21
Lakeboater

I have only bee to the 405 once and was charged $5 for domestic draft beer which I felt was very pricey. Could of been an error but I didn't bother to inquire...just won't bother to go back. Anyone else find the draft prices high?
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #22
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

My wife and I went to the 405 Grill today and had the soup and half sandwich off the light menu. Soup was Turkey Vegetable and rice, very good with big chunks of breast meat. Wife had a half tuna melt, that was "deli" sized and very good. I had half a reuben in marbled rye and was very good and huge. So much for "light". We will go back.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #23
Lakeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeboater View Post
I have only bee to the 405 once and was charged $5 for domestic draft beer which I felt was very pricey. Could of been an error but I didn't bother to inquire...just won't bother to go back. Anyone else find the draft prices high?
So we did end up going back and had a much better experience. We sat at the bar and Dave the owner came over to check in with us. When he asked how everything was I told him about our previous experience. He told me no way we should of been charged $5 for a draft beer and that it was a mistake. He got me a few beers on him, was very sociable and recommended the half order of nachos! They were excellent. We have been back a few more times and always enjoy the 405.
Lakeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lakeboater For This Useful Post:
Red apple (05-25-2014)
Old 06-28-2014, 02:12 PM   #24
jetskier

Post Stopped in last night

We stopped in last night with our relatives from out of town. This has become our "go to" spot for lobster rolls. The lobster rolls are comprised of a generous portion of lobster in a toasted roll without the lettuce etc... A member of our party ordered the baked stuffed lobster and it was terrific.

Dave was affable as always.

They have done a nice job with 405. The menu is significantly broader than when they originally opened and the quality/quantity of food is consistently good.

Jetskier
Old 07-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #25
kayleigh

I went in for a quick bite to eat with three of my friends the menu was fairly priced the atmosphere was fantastic our waitress was very nice and helpful and our food was wonderful two of us had two beers we split the bruschetta appetizer in each of us had a sandwich total bill 71.0 I thought it was a great place and we will be back
kayleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #26
windsail

Default 405

Where is it located?
windsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #27
bclaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsail View Post
Where is it located?
405 Union Avenue, Laconia.
bclaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #28
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclaker View Post
405 Union Avenue, Laconia.

IMHO, this place serves glorified sub shop fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #29
jetskier

Post Don't think so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble2249 View Post
IMHO, this place serves glorified sub shop fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have lobster (baked stuffed, broiled, lobster rolls), prime rib, salads, haddock, shrimp etc.... They have a complete menu well beyond many local restaurants. They are by no means a sub shop.

Jetskier
Old 10-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #30
Den65

Default 405 Pub & Grille

Went to the 405 for the first time tonight, had a great meal started with the nacho's 1/2 order which was enough for 4. They were cheesey and hot and delicious. Wife had the turkey club which came home with us and I had the stuffed Haddock which was cook perfect and that also came home, because I ate to many nacho's and the salad that came with it. Justin was a nice waiter and very helpful. Talk to some nice people visting form Minnesota hope they enjoy the area also loved the 405 meal they had. We will be back again maybe on a Friday or Saturday to see what the music is like.
Den65 is offline   Reply With Quote