Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
AC2717

Default When to Purchase a Jetski

Hi,
I am looking at possibly purchasing a Jetski for my wife for Christmas, do not know if I should by a pre-owned or a branddy new one, but I am sure I do not have the money for a brand new one. Also Need to buy a aluminum lift.

Anyone's experience that purchasing is really good around Christmas time or when is the best time to purchase?

I would love people's experiences at places would be great, if I buy used I do not really want to do a private sale but the price would be cheaper?

Where should I stay away from?
Who has a very large inventory at the end of the season?
Where are the best deals for packages?
What type should I stay away from? looking for at least a 10 foot 2 seater?

Any and all recommendations or experiences are welcomed. Most recent thread I could find was from over 2 years ago.

Thanks
AC2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717
Hi,
I am looking at possibly purchasing a Jetski for my wife for Christmas, do not know if I should by a pre-owned or a branddy new one, but I am sure I do not have the money for a brand new one. Also Need to buy a aluminum lift.

Anyone's experience that purchasing is really good around Christmas time or when is the best time to purchase?

I would love people's experiences at places would be great, if I buy used I do not really want to do a private sale but the price would be cheaper?

Any and all recommendations or experiences are welcomed. Most recent thread I could find was from over 2 years ago.

Thanks
buy used or leftover, buy a 3 seater as they are regualted as a boat which has advantages in NH. I'd buy a 4 stroke 1-2 seasons old with low miles, any of them are fine ski's SeaDoo GTX, Kawasaki STF-15 or 12, Yamaha FX150 or 160 or a Honda Aquatrax. Aquatraxes especially the non turbo can be found pretty cheap as leftovers as well. DaSilva's in Moultonboro is my dealer of choice because CHuck is great to deal with. I bough 2 3 year old skis as a package from him 2 years ago and they have been great on service as well. He will have mostly Sea Doo's but I did pick up a Yamaha there that was traded on a new RTX.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
jetskier

Default Look around now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717
Hi,

Thanks
Most dealers do not want to carry inventory through the winter. I have found that they will discount starting late July/August. You have a lot of options in terms of models/price, new/used. I am partial to a new craft (if you can afford it). A used craft may or may not have been serviced diligently and treated with care. In addition, you won't get a warranty with a used craft. Just my 2 cents.

In the Sea-Doo line:

The GTI 4-Tec is a 130 hp 3 seater (lists at about $7,600)
The GTX 4-Tec is a 155 hp 3 seater (lists at about $10,600)

Sea-Doo is offering incentives ($500 rebate, no interest etc...)

In the Yamaha line:

The FX is a 4 stroke 140 hp 3 seater (lists at about $9,600)
The VX is a 4 stroke 110 hp 3 seater (lists at about $7,300)

Both lines have higher end models

Yamaha is offering buying incentives, also.

Honda Aquatrax start out at about $10,000.

Kawasaki STX-12F lists at about $7,900

I agree with ossipeeboater that you should consider a 4 Stroke. But start out kicking the tires at the dealers on a new machine. I am seeing lots of them sitting on their lots. You should be able to get a deal.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 06:41 AM   #4
Phantom

Ossipeeboater -- I'd buy a 4 stroke 1-2 seasons old with low miles,

The measurement is "engine Hours" as I'm sure you meant -- All boats & jet ski's nowadays have a computer chip which holds this info (along with other info if the jet is stolen) which can be accessed by a dealer --
Old 07-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
Pineedles

Default Be Cautious on USED

I bought a used (1 season) SeaDoo GTX and found it leaked after the first summer of use. It got progressively worse so I brought it to Antique Boat Repair on 25 in Moultonborough. The guys there showed me where the hull had been cracked and a hack repair job had been done. The seller hadn't mentioned anything previously and sold it to me "as is". My mistake I guess, but if you consider buying used, make sure there is a stipulation that no hull work had been done previously and if so by a reputable firm. BTW, the guys at Antique were great and very reasonable.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #6
AC2717

Default DaSilva's

I tried looking on their website for inventory and it said they had then, then I just tried to email them and the email came back and said that thier in box was full. Anybody knwo anythign about this.

Thank you for all the pointers and keep them coming, it is really helping and if anythign if I am buying used I will ask about the maintenence on it and the warrenty. Hopefully I might be able to find a machine that was bought, and serviced at the same place. so they will have somewhat of a complete history
Old 07-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
AC2717

Default Places to go

I tried DaSilva but nothing online to look at and at HK there was not much for pickings

does anyone else have other places, I live in RI so I would look anywhere from Pawtucket, RI all the way up to the lakes region and North Conway. Definatley would prefer to purchase from a freash water area
Old 08-31-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
Cristen

Default Jet Skis at HK Powersports

Go to HK Powersports - they are great family owned business! Large inventory, and the service department goes way above and beyond. You will not be disappointed!
Cristen is offline   Reply With Quote