Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
Resident 2B

Exclamation Early NE Boat Show this Year

So that no one misses a great winter boating event, The NE Boat Show is early this year, Jan 12 to Jan 20, a month earlier than usual. It is also in a new location at the new Convention Center in South Boston, somewhat near Pier 4 and the new hotels the the area across Boston Harbor from the airport.

Looks like a very large show.

Here is a link: http://www.neboatshow.com/

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
AC2717

Default Last years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident 2B View Post
So that no one misses a great winter boating event, The NE Boat Show is early this year, Jan 12 to Jan 20, a month earlier than usual. It is also in a new location at the new Convention Center in South Boston, somewhat near Pier 4 and the new hotels the the area across Boston Harbor from the airport.

Looks like a very large show.

Here is a link: http://www.neboatshow.com/

R2B
This year is early, but it was at the same place last year. if you go by train, get to south station and then take the newer Silver Line.

This bldg looks like a giant airplane hanger. Last year they had up to 50foot yachts and sailboats with their masts all the way up, this is the best show now that it is in the new convention bldg. Have to check it out, well organized the aisles actually make some sense easy to get around,

It is located, if facing the World Trade Center on Northern Ave from the harbor waters, for all us boaters, it is behind it and to the right a little bit, have to go behind the Seaport Hotel towers that are behind the WTC, and if using a the clock method from the same location it is about 1 to 2 o'clock about 1000 to 1500 feet away depending where you are standing and can reference. Right on the edge of the Leather district near C street and D Street and Fargo Street!

What a Great Time!

Ask your Marina for tickets, if they are showing they might be able to get you complementary tickets.
AC2717 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
upnorth

Default NE Boat Show

My office is just down the block and overlooks the convention center. Shrink wrapped boats have been hauled in all week. Can't wait to see the spankin' new boats
upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
TomC

Default got mine free

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
Ask your Marina for tickets, if they are showing they might be able to get you complementary tickets.
four free tix, courtesy of Cobalt!

and - just got back.. for first day I expected a lot more crowds, but it wasn't too bad. Big exhibition hall and lots to see. They had all of the usual "lake" brands and of course a lot of salt water boats and gear. There was also an interesting "Woody" display and several other antique boats and motors.

I'm not in the market, so I was just browsing. I arrived at about 11:00 or so and stayed til about 3:00 and when I left the parking lot was full. Many people were entering on VIP passes from boat dealers, so save yourself the $13/ticket and see if you cant get your marina (provided they're an exhibitor) to get you in the door.

Last edited by TomC; 01-12-2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: add more info
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
ThePlut

Default Was there days

I actually worked the boat show for my dealer for 6 days (first weekend, then Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun). Really slow, I thought, compared to previous years. I think it's a mistake to have the show this early, personally. Didn't help that "economy and recession" were in the news this week, heard that and "gas prices" a lot during the show. Still good traffic on the bigger boats (we have Fountain and Cobalt), I guess if you're in the market for those, the gas prices and economy probably aren't a concern for you...
ThePlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
The Worm

Default Busy on Saturday 1/19

Went on Sat. and I thought it was pretty busy. Lots of really nice boats. Is it just me or are outboard engines getting H-U-G-E?? 350hp V8 Yamaha, bigger than a Volkswagen!! Many boats had two of these behemoths hanging off the transom. Did anyone see that Fjord 40 Open, big battleship gray, steathly looking thing? I wonder if one of those will turn up on the lake this year.
Attached Images

The Worm is offline   Reply With Quote