Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
JasonG

Default Best place to launch on the west side?

Coming back up to the lake after being out of New England for 5 years, we are looking at a boat again. Usually we drive right to meredith and launch at the town docks. Always busy.

Where is the best place to launch? By best I mean quiet or easy.

thanks!
JasonG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonG For This Useful Post:
WINNOCTURN (04-23-2015)
Old 04-23-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Center harbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
Coming back up to the lake after being out of New England for 5 years, we are looking at a boat again. Usually we drive right to meredith and launch at the town docks. Always busy.

Where is the best place to launch? By best I mean quiet or easy.

thanks!
Center Harbor has a good ramp but there is a Fee$$. There is some Parking.

Moultonboro, Lees Mills, some parking, very good ramp not as busy most times.

What type of Boat are you looking for?
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #3
fatlazyless

Default ........ $plish-$plash....where's the bass!

Last year, the Town of Center Harbor raised their launch ramp fee from ten to fifteen dollars, but it's only in prime time, like summer weekends and such, that there's anyone there to collect the money, so's it is usually free, and it is a well constructed ramp just below the Heath hardware store in Center Harbor with trailer-vehicle parking on the dirt p-lot up the hill a couple hundred yards and to the left of Heath's supermarket and the NH state liquor store.

Have noticed that now with Ames Farm ramp in Alton closed to public use and closed to bass fishing tournaments, the Center Harbor ramp and the Center Harbor Inn nearby have become a starting venue for spring, summer and fall bass fishing tournaments where they all start, for example, at 7-am on Saturday mornings with maybe 25 super-nice-expensive bass boats and super-nice tow vehicles.....you know the big money has arrived when these super-duper bass boats hit the water ..... $plish-$plash! .... gotta have a boat capable of 70-mph to get to the hot spots to get that big fat bass!

There's a food cart that sells hot dogs and coffee at the launch ramp with a very grumpy, older woman who collects the $15-ramp launch fee. You know, they could sell a lot more coffee and donuts and hot dogs if they had some hot younger babe who was dressed just a little bit provocatively ..... would do much more coffee and donuts business....you know it.....and make it more of a go-to spot for boaters and fishermen!
WINNOCTURN (04-24-2015)
Old 04-26-2015, 10:32 AM   #4
Misha888

Default Bling'y Bass Boats . . .

always reminds me of this video.

https://youtu.be/p_R1aBoRAAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Last year, the Town of Center Harbor raised their launch ramp fee from ten to fifteen dollars, but it's only in prime time, like summer weekends and such, that there's anyone there to collect the money, so's it is usually free, and it is a well constructed ramp just below the Heath hardware store in Center Harbor with trailer-vehicle parking on the dirt p-lot up the hill a couple hundred yards and to the left of Heath's supermarket and the NH state liquor store.

Have noticed that now with Ames Farm ramp in Alton closed to public use and closed to bass fishing tournaments, the Center Harbor ramp and the Center Harbor Inn nearby have become a starting venue for spring, summer and fall bass fishing tournaments where they all start, for example, at 7-am on Saturday mornings with maybe 25 super-nice-expensive bass boats and super-nice tow vehicles.....you know the big money has arrived when these super-duper bass boats hit the water ..... $plish-$plash! .... gotta have a boat capable of 70-mph to get to the hot spots to get that big fat bass!

There's a food cart that sells hot dogs and coffee at the launch ramp with a very grumpy, older woman who collects the $15-ramp launch fee. You know, they could sell a lot more coffee and donuts and hot dogs if they had some hot younger babe who was dressed just a little bit provocatively ..... would do much more coffee and donuts business....you know it.....and make it more of a go-to spot for boaters and fishermen!
Old 04-28-2015, 06:14 AM   #5
Phantom

Don't know which direction you are heading but we have always used the private ramp at Silver Sands Motel.

fits the bill for quiet & easy !

They do charge (as most ramps), no real escaping that on the Lake any longer.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #6
gf2020

I've been happy with Lovejoy Sands and Center Harbor.
gf2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:54 AM   #7
MikeF-NH

I usually use either West Alton marina or Shep Browns depending on my destination on the lake. Both are private and cost $20-25 to launch but are great facilities to launch from. If I want "free", I go to 19 Mile Bay or Center Harbor (early season) or Lees Mills...though Lees Mills is a long ride to main parts of the lake. I'm not a fan of the Alton Bay free launch but it is there.
MikeF-NH is offline   Reply With Quote