Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
mr1drfl

Default T-Bones and Cactus Jack's

I heard a rumor that the Bonaza was sold. Heard it is going to be a T-Bones. Has anyone ever eaten at T-Bones? Good,bad, indifferent?
mr1drfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
Tank151

Default T-Bones

I've been to T-Bones twice. Their food is comparable to TGIF (Thank God It's Friday's), Apple-Bee's, etc. etc.... Not a bad meal, but not "out of this world" either?

Anyone hear if Sawyer's will open in 2007?

Tank
Dunstable, MA
Tank151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #3
mrylmbt

Default bonanza

BONANZA is a 2 story restaurant 1 level is going to be a T-bones and the other is going to be a cactus jacks. I heard this from a contractor that is biding on the job. they are owned by the same franchise so that makes sense.
mrylmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
Fishy Cover

Default T Bones & Cactus Jacks

T Bones and Cactus Jack's were our favorites when we lived in Southern NH. Always excellent food and good service at reasonable prices. The menus had a nice variety: everything from steaks to seafood to salads to Mexican. Also just about everything is prepared at the restaurant, not at the chain corporate food factory like Applebee's and Olive Garden. I predict that it will be one of the most popular restaurants in the Lakes Region.
Fishy Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #5
michael c

Default T bones

i know of a couple ..one in hudson N.H and the other in Salem N.H...probably another one also ..
Generally speaking, a place to meet with friends for a good meal,good atmosphere and reasonable prices .. I don't get to go often anymore, but my brother[Humphrey Bogart /Milton Berle ] and his wife go frequently still and enjoy ..it will be a nice addition to the stable
michael c is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2006, 07:34 PM   #6
jrc

I hate to bad mouth a business, while they're in business. I am very glad that Bonanza is gone. In general the chain seems out-of-date, but that one was the single dirtiest restaurant I've ever set foot in. My Dad was in the restaurant business and he always told me, if it's dirty where the customer can see it, imagine what it looks like back in the kitchen where you can't see.

I've been in the T-Bones in Hudson and Manchester. Both had pretty good food, similar to the 99 or an Applebee's. They do a lot of gimmicks to get people in the door. You get points for buying food and you can save them for discounts or free food. You get more points/discounts for eating during slow hours, so you'll see a bunch of retired people eating dinner at 4PM.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrylmbt
BONANZA is a 2 story restaurant 1 level is going to be a T-bones and the other is going to be a cactus jacks. I heard this from a contractor that is biding on the job. they are owned by the same franchise so that makes sense.
That explains the 2 rumors that I had heard, 1 being a t-bones was going in and the other that cactus jacks was!

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #8
MWSP

Default Where will people park?

It seems to me the parking lot is a bit small for two restaurants to be successful.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
salesguy77

Default T Bones/ Cactus Jacks

I read an article that the parent company of T Bones and Cactus Jacks have purchased the Bonanza location at 1182 Union Ave. Great family restaurant and a nice addition to the lake's region.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #10
Rinkerfam

T-BONES in Hudson NH is always busy. Considering the abundance of "family friendly" restaurants in southern NH, it is amazing the volume of business that they do. I can only assume that they will be successful at their new location. It's a short hop from Paugus Bay Marina for our "young" family, so I imagine we will stop in from time to time.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:05 PM   #11
Paugus Bay Lake Girl

Thumbs up T-Bones voted Best in NH for 2006

Welcome T-Bones. Nice menu can't wait til they open.

www.t-bones.com

Made from 100% durum semolina imported from Italy.
Basket of Two-Cheese Garlic Bread with any pasta selection...2.99
Served all day with fresh garden salad

Chicken Parmesan
Breaded chicken breasts, sautéed and smothered in homemade Italian sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Served with linguini marinara…14.99

Chicken Marsala
Boneless chicken, lightly breaded and sautéed with fresh mushrooms in marsala wine sauce. Served with linguini in a garlic butter sauce…14.99
Can be prepared upon request

Chicken Cordon Bleu Linguini
Tender chicken breaded and sautéed in a creamy Mornay sauce with a hint of Dijon all topped with thinly sliced smoked ham and melted Swiss cheese. Served over linguini supreme…13.99

Scampi Pasta
Sauteed with broccoli and diced tomatoes in butter, garlic, sherry.Tossed with linguini and sprinkled with fresh grated parmesan cheese. Superb!
Your choice of Shrimp…15.99
or Chicken …13.99

Chicken Rigate Primavera
Penne rigate with an array of fresh vegetables and tender chicken sautéed in olive oil, garlic butter, feta & parmesan cheese, Italian spices, and a hint of crushed red pepper…13.99 (Vegetarian…11.99)

Chicken & Broccoli Piccata
Boneless chicken tenders sautéed in a delicate lemon piccata sauce, tossed
with fresh broccoli. Served over penne
rigate, garnished with freshly chopped tomatoes…13.99

North End Trio
Altissimo Grandioso! A trio of fresh chicken, sweet Italian sausage, and eggplant simmered in our own basil marinara with roasted red peppers, served over linguini, and topped with melted mozzarella and parmesan cheese…13.99

Seafood Aegean Pasta
Fresh tilapia, premium sea scallops, and large gulf shrimp pan-seared with Tuscany seasonings tossed with roasted red peppers, diced onion, tomato, fresh baby spinach and a light garlic and herb sauce. Placed over steaming imported pasta and generousll sprinkled with Parmesan cheese…14.99

Alfredo Carbonara
A traditional Alfredo with rich cream, whole butter and fresh grated parmesan cheese...made to order and tossed with smoked bacon, chopped ham, diced scallions, and steaming imported linguini…13.99
Attached Images

Paugus Bay Lake Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #12
White Rook
Deceased Member

Smile T-Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1drfl
I heard a rumor that the Bonaza was sold. Heard it is going to be a T-Bones. Has anyone ever eaten at T-Bones? Good,bad, indifferent?

I live three minutes from the T-Bones in Salem, NH. We eat there often enough and rarely have we ever been dissatisfied.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #13
Becca

Should they be open for summer or do they have to much work to do?
Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #14
Becca

Talking T-BONES & CJ's Open

Hi Everybody,

Just read in the paper that T-Bones and CJ's is now open. Can't wait to give them a try this weekend. They also offer call ahead seating.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #15
Weirs guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca
Hi Everybody,

Just read in the paper that T-Bones and CJ's is now open. Can't wait to give them a try this weekend. They also offer call ahead seating.
They've been open for about a week now, but I think the paving on Union Ave's kept the crowd down.

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:02 PM   #16
WeirsBeachBoater

Default We ate there Wednesday evening

They really did a nice job in the upstairs, I didn't head down to see CJ's. Food was great and even the service was good, I always cringe when I think about newly trained waitstaff, but was pleasantly surprised. I give T Bones a Thumbs Up!
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 AM   #17
Aquadeziac

Tried T-Bones last night on the way home and was pleasantly surprised. My Prime Rib was excellent as was the wife's seafood casserole. We liked the remodel job. Only complaint was where we were seated. We were in a booth/table combo thingy and basically were sitting two feet from total strangers the whole meal. Awkward for both of us. Otherwise completely satisfied and will return.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #18
GUNNER

Default Visit to T-Bones

My wife, mother in-law & I visited T-Bones Saturday nite & enjoyed it very much. Wife had the T bone steak which she enjoyed very much. I tried a piece & it melted in your mouth. Mom in-law had the fisherman's platter which she also enjoyed. She took half of it home. I had the ginger-peanut chicken pasta which was also very good.

The salads & bread which came with the meal were also very good.

All in all a very enjoyable evening & we will be going back.

Gunner
GUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #19
winniplayhouse

We tried it Friday evening and couldn't believe how crowded it was! I haven't seen any advertising and yet for an opening weekend it was packed. We got there around 5pm and by the time we left it looked like people were having trouble finding parking.
The food was good. Very extensive menu. Our service was slow but I kept seeing tables around us getting served quicker so I think it was a fluke for us... the waiter was nice and kept saying he was sorry and that the things we ordered were hard to find (eg. a certain wine). My three-year-old ordered the chicken tenders. She took one look and I knew there was no way she was going to touch them. There was nothing wrong with them, just didn't look like the typical chicken finger shape that she's used to (to their credit, they list them as "little pinkies" or something like that in the menu so I should have been warned). I quickly asked him to bring her mac n' cheese instead and said we'd take the chicken tenders home. They didn't charge us for them, even though we said that they should as it wasn't their fault she didn't like them. But they insisted.
We will go back, but probably not at a peak time like Friday night!
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #20
SIKSUKR

We've always been very happy with the T-Bones in Bedford NH.Very consistant and always crowded.I'm sure when the bugs get worked out in the Laconia restaraunt,it will get good reviews.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #21
jlrm73

Default Yum!

Went there today for lunch...had great, friendly service at CJ's and a delicious Chicken Fajita Salad!
Will go back!!
jlrm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #22
Becca

Default CJ's

My husband and I were also very happy with CJ's the food was fantastic and the service was not bad either. I think the only thing they have to worry about seems to be parking.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 PM   #23
jetskier

Post CJs

My daughter is off on a school trip, so my wife and I decided to spend a couple days at the lake. We tried CJs last night:

They have a real mixture of cuisine including:

Mexican
Cajun
BBQ
Burgers

I tried their Fajita and my wife had a Chimchanga. They are still training the staff, so the service is a bit on the slow side. There is a huge bar and quite a number of plasma TVs, so it is a good place to eat and watch a game.

The food was hearty and good...nothing extraordinary. The prices are reasonable.

I would recommend not sitting near the door as the entrance faces the lake and acts like a wind tunnel. They could use an another door to prevent this.

All in all, not bad.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:34 PM   #24
sa meredith

Default Lobster Pie...

Went to TBones this past weekend (6/16/07). Wasn't really looking for an expensive lunch, but saw someone getting the lobster pie (I think they call it "Lazy Man Lobster") and could not pass on it. Holy Cow! Worth every penny. Although I don't head up to the lake each week in search of lobster, I must say, DO NOT let the summer pass without trying TBones Lobster pie.
Also...before leaving,I took a quick cruise downstairs (called "CJ's", I believe).
Quite possibly the nicest bar I have seen on the lake.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:59 AM   #25
PennyPenny

T-Bones was one of the restaurants that was voted best in the state in NH Magazine and shown on NH Chronical Mon. night. They were noted for their burgers and the owner stated they grind their own meat for the burgers. Sounds like a place to try with all the positive comments so far.
PennyPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #26
jetskier

Talking Don't tell anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPenny
T-Bones was one of the restaurants that was voted best in the state in NH Magazine and shown on NH Chronical Mon. night. They were noted for their burgers and the owner stated they grind their own meat for the burgers. Sounds like a place to try with all the positive comments so far.
Don't tell anyone, but....T-Bones has a patio on the second level with one of the nicest lake views in the area. I just don't want to have to fight for a parking spot.

Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #27
Argie's Wife

Went to Cactus Jacks last Friday night.

The place quickly filled up but we had nice seats by the bar.

Seemed like people were a little freaked out by the "seat yourself" atmosphere, and it took our waitress quite a while to find us - I wondered if perhaps we were in a closed section.

Ordered a Guiness (draft) and something that sounded like their version of a Long Island Iced Tea - the mixed drink was one of the lower priced one but still was almost $7. We ordered beers for our second round.

Hubby had a burger and fries, I had a buffalo chicken finger dinner. The buffalo sauce was on the side - and was more than a little messy. There were onion rings on the top of the dinner that were absolutely dripping grease - eewww. Way too slimy to bother with. The food was good but greasier than I prefered for even fried food. The bill was about $40 - fair price, all things considered. Service was slow - especially after we had handed off our debit card - sorta got held hostage there and thought we'd miss the beginning of our movie, but all went well.

In short, I'd go back but next time would try a salad or something different - I would recommend it, but there's other places I'd recommend FIRST, if you know what I mean.

I must say, I envy those of you who boat to your restaurants - that must be a neat experience!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #28
gwood

So, can we get to T-Bones by boat or do we have to drive?
gwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:58 AM   #29
sa meredith

Default TBones by boat....

It would seem the only way to reach TBones/CJ's by boat is to dock at the Burger King Docks (always pretty much empty) and make a short walk along the railroad tracks. They (the tracks) are no longer in use on that side of Paugus Bay, and I noticed all the small plants and over grown brush has been cleared to make a nice path. I am not sure, however, if Burger King is OK with this plan. Does anyone know if BK has issues with people docking there, but heading else where?
And lastly, the other way to reach the place by boat would be if you know someone at Spinnaker Club, which is directly in front of TBones. But docking there if you are a non-member is pretty much out.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #30
psu1978

Default Lobster Pie (aka Lazy Man Lobster)

I have seen several postings referring to the incredible lobster pie at T-Bones. I checked out the menu on their website and can't seem to find this item. Is it a special that they have occasionally? Is it always available? Am I a blind idiot that just doesn't see it?......

Can anyone enlighten a lobster lover who will be visiting in just a few weeks?
psu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:59 AM   #31
sa meredith

Default Lobster Pie

PSU...(I'm a huge Big Ten football fan)
Loster menu available only in the summer...special menu. Not a item on their regular menu. Worth the trip.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #32
psu1978

Default Thanks sa meredith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith
PSU...(I'm a huge Big Ten football fan)
Loster menu available only in the summer...special menu. Not a item on their regular menu. Worth the trip.
It definitely sounds like I need to convince the rest of the family to go to T-Bones (I'm the only lobster lover), but since the menu looks quite extensive I'm sure I can pull it off. I also need to convince them to drop by Peppers for a bite because I am not leaving town until I have a lobster roll (my first)!

Thanks again for the info!
Old 01-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #33
cursereversed

I've been to both T-bones and Cactus Jacks. T-bones is a kid friendly restaurant with great views of the lake from the back deck and has delicious, creative meals. Cactus Jacks has some really good mexican meals, but word of warning, i did not find it toddler friendly at all even when we were the only ones there (we got there right when they opened). they didn't even have a way to seat us with a high chair.
cursereversed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #34
Irish mist

Default not so great

Went to T Bones today......not so great. All the silverwear was dirty, and stained with dishwasher smuge (they need to try jet-dry ) I had the meatloaf, it was just ok, the potatos were average, and the carrots were bad. My friend had the lazyman's lobster. She liked the lobster well enough, but thought the stuffing was terrible.

I went once before and found that experience much better....so perhaps it was just a bad day. Still, for $50 dollars with the tip I can't say I will be going back anytime soon. And they have this God-awful loud "music" playing that seems to be weird cover songs of well known rock classics by girl & boy bands.....very strange.

Last edited by Irish mist; 02-27-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #35
rick35

T Bones is our favorite restaurant. We've been to the one on Paugus Bay twice and both times the food has been very good. I raved about the tips I had a couple of weeks ago. We've been to the one in Bedford many times. Only once did we have a bad meal and we brought it to the manager's attention. They cooked me another steak which come out just right and the manager comped both of our meals due to the delay. The manager apologized and thanked us for bringing the issue to his attention so he could fix the problem (new kitchen staff). Since we had so many great meals before we didn't let this one time keep us away. Every restaurant has bad days as has been pointed out in other threads. If it is on our first visit chances are we won't go back. There are too many other great places to enjoy.

The one thing we were looking forward to this year was to be able to go by boat to the Paugus Bay restaurant and tie up at the BK dock. Last year there was a sign on the BK dock that said you could pay $5 to use the dock. So much for that idea.

Rick
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #36
kaj

My mother's new favorite place for a quick lunch is T bones. She took my son and I there last week. My son is dieting and they were very accomodating to his substitution requests. I wouldn't complain about the food and our waitress was especially friendly. I would go back again. But as someone else mentioned, there are other local places that are closer to the top of my list
Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #37
boywonder

I had the BEST burger I have ever had !!
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #38
Stinger

Default Poor at Best

We went there for dinner this evening, three adults, two hungry children. Server slow in getting to our table, no big deal, bread after ~ 30 minutes, appetizer OK, salads excellent, entree though arrived an hour and 15 minutes after we had ordered !!! Server stopped by on occasion to ask "no dinner yet....huh?" Come on! The food, when it did arrive, was poor. Prime Rib, ordered med rare, was med well at best, Bacon-wrapped Filet Mignon was ordered medium, arrrived well to the point that it had NO flavor at all. My sister ordered a combo Ceaser Salad and Turkey Club, the salad was fine, but the turkey club had some kind of deep-fried meat in it that she wouldn't eat, and she's not fussy at all. The 2 kids ordered a hamburger and a pizza, both of which were awful, and after 90 minutes they were way beyond hungry any way. A very poor experience, not even worth trying again. We ripped-up the $25 gift certificate they offered, and made them make the adjustment on our bill immediately. That, at least, they did execute well.

Last edited by Stinger; 07-17-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:44 AM   #39
redc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
We went there for dinner this evening, three adults, two hungry children. Server slow in getting to our table, no big deal, bread after ~ 30 minutes, appetizer OK, salads excellent, entree though arrived an hour and 15 minutes after we had ordered !!! Server stopped by on occasion to ask "no dinner yet....huh?" Come on! The food, when it did arrive, was poor. Prime Rib, ordered med rare, was med well at best, Bacon-wrapped Filet Mignon was ordered medium, arrrived well to the point that it had NO flavor at all. My sister ordered a combo Ceaser Salad and Turkey Club, the salad was fine, but the turkey club had some kind of deep-fried meat in it the she wouldn't eat, and she's not fussy at all. The 2 kids ordered a hamburger and a pizza, both of which were awful, and after 90 minutes they were way beyond hungry any way. A very poor experience, not even worth trying again. We ripped-up the $25 gift certificate they offered, and made them make the adjustment on our bill immediately. That, at least, they did execute well.
Which location was it?
redc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #40
Stinger

The one on Lake Winnipesaukee..of course...
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:20 AM   #41
aquadocton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
The one on Lake Winnipesaukee..of course...
I think redc5 may have been wondering if you were at T-Bones (upstairs) or Cactus Jack's (downstairs).
aquadocton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #42
redc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquadocton View Post
I think redc5 may have been wondering if you were at T-Bones (upstairs) or Cactus Jack's (downstairs).
Yes, but also which location. Stinger's location isn't exactly in Laconia and there are 4-5 T-Bones/ CJs out there.
redc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #43
robmac

I love T-Bones but after 3 visits to Laconia location I wonder even if it's the same chain.I go to the Hudson and Derry locations and have been for years and it's always fun with friendly staff and service,not so at Laconia. Food is good but that is not the only thing when you go out,I have also never seen it very busy and wonder if that might have something to do with the attitude of the servers?? I will continue to go to the southern NH locations but won't go out of my way to go to the Laconia location
robmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #44
Lisa

Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa Allen, I work in the home office for T-BONES and Cactus Jack's, if you ever want to speak to us directly regarding both the bad and the good, please feel free to reach out me personally, I'd love to hear from you.

We appreciate the buzz...we LOVE guest feedback; having found it to be the best way to both celebrate our successes and recognize where improvement is needed.

I can be reached at lisa.allen@t-bones.com

Thanks and ENJOY! We so appreciate your business
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #45
sa meredith

Default Hi Lisa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Lisa Allen, I work in the home office for T-BONES and Cactus Jack's, if you ever want to speak to us directly regarding both the bad and the good, please feel free to reach out me personally, I'd love to hear from you.

We appreciate the buzz...we LOVE guest feedback; having found it to be the best way to both celebrate our successes and recognize where improvement is needed.

I can be reached at lisa.allen@t-bones.com

Thanks and ENJOY! We so appreciate your business
Well...that's pretty reasonable....a direct email link for feedback. I guess it's all anyone could ask for.

I frequent several of your locations, and was happy to see one open in Laconia. I stop there almost every Friday after boating... TBones has great views of Paugus Bay, and CJ's, I believe, is one of the nicest bars on the lake.
I wish you folks well...
It's been my experience, the service and food is very good/excellent everytime.
But I'm sure, like any other business, you suffer "hick ups" from time to time.
Good luck.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #46
momof3

Default Bella

We went to the Laconia location approximately two weeks ago, our server was Bella, itshe is WONDERFFUL. She was so nice and very accomdating. We went as a family, all 5 of us, and she was very patient with the children and their orders. We could not have asked for better service at T-Bones!
momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #47
NHskier

We stopped for dinner Thursday after an early evening cruise on the lake. It was my second visit and the first for my wife and older daughter. The service was great - courteous and fast. Food was every bit as good. We all agreed we'll go back.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #48
GUNNER

Default Paybacks

Got an email from T-Bones & Cactus Jack's to let us know that between April 1 & May 25 they are offering triple points on Monday & Tuesday & double points on Wednesday & Thursday for members of their payback club. It's easy to join & a great way to enjoy good food & get rewarded for doing it.

For every $100.00 worth of points (1 point per $) they will give you a $10.00 payback that can be used the next time you come in.

Gunner
The Following User Says Thank You to GUNNER For This Useful Post:
Waterbaby (04-03-2009)
Old 04-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #49
AC2717

Default coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNNER View Post
Got an email from T-Bones & Cactus Jack's to let us know that between April 1 & May 25 they are offering triple points on Monday & Tuesday & double points on Wednesday & Thursday for members of their payback club. It's easy to join & a great way to enjoy good food & get rewarded for doing it.

For every $100.00 worth of points (1 point per $) they will give you a $10.00 payback that can be used the next time you come in.

Gunner
Do they have any coupons for the dinners? I do not have a points card as the only one I go to is laconia and i live in south MA
Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #50
GUNNER

Default Paybacks

No coupons. You can sign up for the payback card either online or at any of their restaurants. During the year they do have special promotions which they announce by email & at times send a coupon with dollars off a meal.

Gunner
Old 04-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #51
meredith weekender

The paybacks card is great!!! We go to Cactus Jacks at least once a week and it seems that we get out $10.00 back at every 1 1/2 visits.. The area needs more rest. like cj's..
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #52
winniwannabe

Smile T-Bones/Cactus Jack's

This is a great restaurant!! Located right in Laconia, it has whatever you
want--from appetizers to desserts, and the view of Paugus Bay is awesome! It's definitely worth a try, especially if you like burgers and steak.
winniwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #53
Kamper

I haven't been to that one yet but I've eaten at a few of their other locations.
Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:13 AM   #54
Slickcraft

Thanked 1,999 Times in 913 Posts
Thumbs up Gold 55 Payback

If we arrive between 1:00 and 5:00 pm we get two points for each $ spend so spending $50 gets a $10 payback. Also $2 off gold 55 menu items and free soft drinks. If we arrive outside of that time window, it is the standard payback deal. http://www.t-bones.com/paybacks/index.php

Of course we go because the food is very good; the paybacks are a big plus. While we go down stairs to CJ on occasion, we normally opt for TB on the upper level.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #55
spider22

Has anyone been to T-bones recently? My family and I will be staying on Paugus Bay later on in the summer and will be looking for a place to get lunch on the way up. T-bones looks like a good pick to me but I was looking for opinions on how good the food was there.
spider22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #56
crowsnest

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider22 View Post
Has anyone been to T-bones recently? My family and I will be staying on Paugus Bay later on in the summer and will be looking for a place to get lunch on the way up. T-bones looks like a good pick to me but I was looking for opinions on how good the food was there.
We go there all the time food is always good never any problems both t bones and cactas jacks
crowsnest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crowsnest For This Useful Post:
spider22 (06-13-2011)
Old 06-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #57
sa meredith

Default very good

I go to TBones on a very regular basis, and would say you just can't miss there.
Service is always top notch, and food consistenly very good. If there is ever a problem, you will never find a restaurant more anxious to make it right. They go over the top when it comes to handling customer issues/complaints.
Tbones (upstairs) offers great views of Paugus Bay, and is probably the better way to go with kids.
While on the subject...for any lobster lovers. Their Lobster Pie (called "lazy man lobster"...very little breading) is simply unreal. I would tell anyone at the lake it worth the drive, if you plan on having lobster. A bit pricey at 23.95, but worth every cent. They only sell it in the summer, and they do it perfect. Seriously...you have to try it.
Also, the lobster roll...again pricey at 17.95...but I would challenge anyone in the lakes region to find a better lobster roll...STUFFED, and they make their own mayo from scatch just for the lobster roll. Of course, at 17.95, it should be unreal.
No...I don't work there. And no, I am not affiliated with the place. I just go there regularly, and find it worth the trip every time.
All the food is fresh...and not at all "chain food".
Oh, one more thing...the slow roasted prime rib...solid 9 on a 1-10 scale.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #58
Slickcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider22 View Post
While we have not been there yet this week, last week was great as usual as was the week before and before that and so on. Never had a bad meal there.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #59
LongBay

Default We like T-bone Too

We frequent T-Bones and always get great service and food. We usually sit in the back overlooking Paugus Bay. IMO: This is one of the better eating establishments in the local area.
LongBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:00 PM   #60
Slickcraft

Default "Deflatriots" Flat Iron Steak

Stopped by CJ's today and had the $12 special, it was excellent. Offered through Super Bowl day. Down stairs at CJ's it came with mushroom gravy, sauteed veggies (al dente) and grilled baked potatoes although you could get any 2 sides that you want. Up stairs at TBones may be a different offering but still $12. That is a real bargain for a good steak considering that a recently reviewed nearby Italian restaurant a plain pizza was $17. We ordered med-rare and that is how they came. The barkeep said that when 1st offered a few days ago they served 60 that evening.

Quote:
T-BONES & Cactus Jack's are teaming up to have a little fun with the deflated football allegations. Try our "Deflatriots" Flat Iron Steak at the deflated price of $12 (in honor of #12 Tom Brady of course!) We aren't sure what the outcome may be, but we are sure about a few things; we love our Patriots, Tom, Bill, and we love to give our guests a great deal!
Note: due to storm predictions, all T-Bones and CJ's will be closed tomorrow 1/27 except for the CJ in Laconia which is accessible by snowmobile.
http://www.t-bones.com/
Old 01-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #61
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Thumbs down Nice for snowmobilers, bad for their staff

Some snowmobilers may venture out tomorrow, but the staff probably would have to drive to get to work, and they home again. Not so well thought out in my humble opinion.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:49 AM   #62
Greene's Basin Girl

I had the Defatriots Flat Iron Steak at T Bones yesterday in Bedford. It was delicious!!!
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote