Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
Bizer

Default Navigation update

Three trivial items of interest

(1) About three weeks ago, I received a phone message from Sandy S. Uh-oh. My memory said that Sandy was one of four people to whom Bizer had paid a $250 reward for discovering a previously-unmarked shallow area on Bizer's chart. Not this time. When I returned his call, Sandy was reporting a new red buoy in Paugus Bay about 90m (300 ft) south of FL82 off Weirs Boulevard. After confirming the presence of this new buoy, I asked the Marine Patrol for clarification. After the MP confirmed my findings, the MP declared that it is not an authorized buoy that must have been place by a private citizen. If they have not done so already, the MP intends to remove this buoy.

(2) The MP is "awaiting hearing decisions for rafting in the area of Springfield Point. That decision is due any day. We are also planning to use “No Rafting” floats in areas where our budget required us to use various types of floats in the past." If Bizer hears anything further, I shall post it here.

(3) Also "As far as Winter Harbor, the original petitioner and I" (Captain Dunleavy) "are meeting with Atty. Casko" (attorney for the Commissioner of Safety) "on 8/10 to discuss the published decision and the intent at time of hearing. Further news to come as to whether a new hearing actually needs to happen."
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bizer For This Useful Post:
Barney Bear (08-11-2016), Diana (08-12-2016), Hillcountry (08-05-2016), Just Sold (08-06-2016), Loub52 (08-06-2016), Old Sarge (08-06-2016), Orion (08-06-2016), Phantom (08-06-2016), pjard (08-06-2016), Rattletrap (08-06-2016), Slickcraft (08-05-2016), trfour (08-05-2016), upthesaukee (08-06-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Rich

Thanks for this info!

Where do they publish the final decisions? I looked online and was not successful in finding much useful information.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,509 Times in 982 Posts
Default Water Use Decisions

Water Use Decisions

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...aft/index.html
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
HellRaZoR004

That hasn't been updated in 3 years. They also post here:
https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/hearings/index.html
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HellRaZoR004 For This Useful Post:
Descant (08-11-2016), Senter Cove Guy (08-13-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #5
Rich

Thanks for these links, but I still don't see the mentioned published decision about the Winter harbor NRZ.

I don't see many recent published decisions at all.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2016, 12:49 PM   #6
Outdoorsman

Well, I am not sure if this is what you was looking for, but it "is" published... See (7). Hope this helps.

Saf-C 407.03 Prohibited Areas.

(a) Rafting, as defined in RSA 270:42, V, shall be prohibited on the following portions of Lake Winnipesaukee, unless covered by one of the exceptions specified in RSA 270:45:

(1) The area known as Kona Mansion, in the town of Moultonborough, east of an imaginary line running north and south from the red top mark buoy located on the western tip of Avery's Point on the south to the Kona Farm gas docks on the north;

(2) Small's Cove in the town of Alton, southwest of an imaginary line running southeast-northwest from light 75 on the northwestern end to the northernmost point of land marking the entrance to the first cove, south of Small's Cove on the south;

(3) Wentworth Cove, southwest of Governor's Island Bridge west of an imaginary north-south line, running from light 43 on the north to the black top buoy, located off Wentworth Cove Estates on the south;

(4) Braun Bay, within 300 feet of both fish and game property lines, to be delineated by marine patrol with orange mooring balls;

(5) Braun Bay, at a distance less than 75 feet from shore, to be delineated by marine patrol with orange mooring balls;

(6) The area known as Cedar Cove, specifically identified as the area opposite Plum Island which borders the town of Alton tax map 18, lot numbers 12 through 20 and 55;

(7) The area of Winter Harbor from the southern boundary of the town of Tuftonboro tax map 63, lot number 14 to the southern boundary of tax map 51, lot number 20;

(8) The entire area known as Green’s Basin in the town of Moultonborough;

(9) Orchard Cove, on the east side of Cow Island, in the town of Tuftonboro;

(10) The entire area known as Buzzell Cove in the town of Moultonborough;

(11) Brickyard Cove, south of an imaginary line running about 2,300 feet from the northern tip of Clay Point to the southern tip of Barndoor Island;

(12) The entire area known as Black Cove, in the town of Meredith, encompassing an area in Meredith tax map S-7, east from the northern most point of Lot 5-1 to the southeastern most point of Lot 1;

(13) The entire area known as East Cove in the town of Moultonborough;

(14) The entire area known as Advent Cove in the town of Meredith;

(15) Roberts Cove, in the town of Alton, east of an imaginary line running north to south from the westerly boundary of lot 41 on tax map 48 to the westerly boundary of lot 1 on tax map 48; and

(16) The entire areas known as Round Cove, Fish Cove, and Flag Cove in the town of Meredith.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rule.../saf-c400.html
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #7
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Outdoorsman, unfortunately you haven't read the thread that preceded this one, because there are discrepancies on the tax map description, and further, how would you as a boater know which piece of property is the boundary (s).

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:18 PM   #8
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
Outdoorsman, unfortunately you haven't read the thread that preceded this one, because there are discrepancies on the tax map description, and further, how would you as a boater know which piece of property is the boundary (s).

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was only making this post to maybe point others in the right direction on where to find the "published decision" Not even sure if this is the right link...
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #9
Bizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Thanks for these links, but I still don't see the mentioned published decision about the Winter harbor NRZ. ...
See item (3) post #1 above.
Bizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:33 PM   #10
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Can't hurt to post them again, showing all the NRZ's

Old 08-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #11
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizer View Post
See item (3) post #1 above.
Yes, it says to discuss the published decision. I'm trying to locate where the decisions are published. Perhaps I'm confused, it wouldn't be the first time.