Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
Rose

Default 24-hour vet in Moultonboro

We're going to be up in Moultonboro near Ambrose Cove Marina and want to make sure we know where the nearest vet is that is open round the clock. Are either Moultonboro Veterinary Hospital or Meadow Pond Animal Hospital open 24 hours? If not, what's the closest 24-hour vet on that side of the lake?
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
EricP

There's a sign at the building that used to be the Harley dealer in Meredith advertising Meredith Vet Emergency services. I would think they respond 24 hours per day. I didn't see a number but you could probably look it up.
EricP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:00 PM   #3
steadyon

that is correct the one in Meredith is around the clock, it recently opened and I do not remember the name.
I will try to get back with the name and #
steadyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
twoplustwo

Default Winnipesaukee Veterinary Emergency Center...

... is the one in Meredith, they're open 24 hours

8 Maple St, Suite 2
279-1117
www.winnipesaukeeveter.com
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
Rose

Bailey (our 11.5 year old Golden) and I thank you all for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #6
T.H.E. Binz

Default Vet Emergency linic in Meredith

Great facility and staff took care of our dog that had more than 500 porcupine quills in her face, mouth, chest, and throat!

However, they are only open 24/7 on weekends and holidays - otherwise, they are open from 5:00 pm to 8:00 am. During regular business hours you have to find a vet.
T.H.E. Binz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.H.E. Binz View Post
Great facility and staff took care of our dog that had more than 500 porcupine quills in her face, mouth, chest, and throat!

However, they are only open 24/7 on weekends and holidays - otherwise, they are open from 5:00 pm to 8:00 am. During regular business hours you have to find a vet.
So where would we go for weekdays 5:00 pm to 8:00 am?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #8
Waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Could you get a referral from your own vet, for one in that area?

I'm just curious, does Bailey have health problems that require access to a vet 24/7........... in any case I really admire you for making sure there is a doc close by to take care of Bailey, and not having him/her put down if there is a health problem! I've seen when people have a furry family member and it gets sick they have it put down for their own convenience.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:05 AM   #9
wifi

Quote:
Last I knew, the vets in M'boro, Sandwich, Ossipee and T'boro cooperated with each other and had off hour rotating coverage. Their office is not open for drive ins, but when you call one of these vets you will get a recording of who is on call. The vets office is not manned but they will meet you at their office if needed.

Give one of them a call before you arrive, I believe the Moultonboro Vet. Hosp is the closest to you, but again, you may end up driving elsewhere to the on call vet.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:27 AM   #10
Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbaby View Post
Could you get a referral from your own vet, for one in that area?

I'm just curious, does Bailey have health problems that require access to a vet 24/7........... in any case I really admire you for making sure there is a doc close by to take care of Bailey, and not having him/her put down if there is a health problem! I've seen when people have a furry family member and it gets sick they have it put down for their own convenience.
I'll ask my vet when I drop the cats off for boarding...they don't get to come along and play.

Luckily, Bailey doesn't have any major health issues. He's got allergies and that's the worst of it at the moment. I'm just concerned that he'll be like his cat brother, Nick, who always needed emergency care when our regular vet was closed.

I was just reading an article in the Boston Globe magazine about the extraordinary procedures (and costs that go along with them) for animals these days. One guy had spent $20,000 on his goose. I dread the day when I might have to make the decision of pet vs. financial reality.

Thanks for the kind words. We'll be up next week and Bailey will be wading in the water. Can you believe we have a Golden who's afraid to go out over his head?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:40 AM   #11
donnamatrix

Default Vets in Moultonboro

Our vet hospital is Meadow Pond (253-7701), but the previous posting about the rotating 24-hour service is correct. Between Meadow Pond, and Moultonboro Vet on Ossipee Mtn Road (476-2396) and another vet in Tuftonboro, they rotate weekend emergency services. I cannot speak highly enough of all of them. Our Siamese cat had a stroke on Sunday, January 20th. The vet on duty was Tevas on Ossipee Mtn Road. It was unquestionably the worst day we have had with a pet ... but Tevas was there for us. She is magnificent. There was no way to save Koko, and when we got there, she knew that and was totally prepared to help him. Our regular vets are the great gals at Meadow Pond, they just didnt' have the rotation that weekend. All three vets are stupendous, talented, kind, wonderful folks. Meadow Pond also does boarding, but we have a terrific pet sitter, as we do not board Siamese cats!! If you are interested in hearing about her, send me a private message and I will respond.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #12
SIKSUKR

Quote:
One guy had spent $20,000 on his goose. I dread the day when I might have to make the decision of pet vs. financial reality.
I watched a news program yesterday(I think it was NECN) on that guy.Nice story but when they said he has already spent over 20,000 on the gooses cancer treatment and showed him talking goo-goo talk at a picnic he had with the goose in a park,I pretty much said this is a little too weird.

How about looking into pet insurance Rose?I had to make that awfull decision last fall to put mine down.Not fun.

Donna,sorry to hear about Koko.

Last edited by SIKSUKR; 07-14-2008 at 12:33 PM.
SIKSUKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
Misty Blue

Default Good Vet.

We highly recommend Meadow Pond Clinic. They are right on RT 25, near the neck road and have always gone the extra mile for our shepherd, chihuahua and three cats. They saved the kitten last winter. Good folks.

Misty Blue.
Misty Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #14
dpg

[QUOTE=SIKSUKR;75994]I watched a news program yesterday(I think it was NECN) on that guy.Nice story but when they said he has already spent over 20,000 on the gooses cancer treatment and showed him talking goo-goo talk at a picnic he had with the goose in a park,I pretty much said this is a little too weird.

Must be the goose that lays the golden eggs..
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #15
Rose

Reading the article about the goose had me all verklempt. But according to my cousins, my grandmother (whom I look exactly like) would cry at the drop of a hat and if nobody had one, she brought a hat of her own. I guess I get it from her.

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear about Koko. When I try to say any more than that, it seems so insignificant.

I've thought of pet insurance, particularly since I have a $6000 kitty (he had multiple urinary blockages before the surgery which completely emasculated him) but for the three of my children, it would be cost prohibitive.

I passed Meadow Pond on my recon mission today, so now I know where it is. My sister was with me, and she's bringing her dog up to the lake a week after I'm there, so she was thrilled to see it as well.