Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
VtSteve

Default I'm On the Water For Charity

Crossposted from various boards.
I've devoted my old bones to a very worthy cause. A giant gathering on August 2'nd to benefit Kamp Ta Kum-Ta, a waterfront retreat for kids recovering from cancer. A link to their site.

http://www.takumta.org/

I'll be a paddler on the Dragonboat called "WINGED LADY OF THE LAKE AND ARTHUR". on Sunday, August 2nd. My old shoulders were out practicing and paddling around Burlington harbor on Sunday. It truly is harder than I thought.

This year, Camp Ta-Kum-Ta will be the charity benefitting from the Lake Champlain Dragonboat festival. Camp Ta-Kum-Ta needs a new home, and has provided summer fun for kids with cancer for years. There will be 2,000 people racing in these long 41' boats, 21 per team.

Summary of Dragonheart Vermont's mission.

Dragonheart Vermont, a breast cancer survivor and supporter dragon boat team, is again hosting this exciting community event. It's all for fun and fundraising. Since the Festival began in 2006, our local community has raised over $300,000 for charity. This year’s Pledge Partners are Vermont's Camp-Ta-Kum-Ta for kids with cancer and Dragonheart Vermont. It's a full day of fun, color and pageantry with music, food, a silent auction and entertainment for the whole family.

We're doing this all for a good cause. If you'd like to donate, and spur our team to victory, here's the link to do so online.

http://www.ridethedragon.org/donation
Again, my boat's team is called
"WINGED LADY OF THE LAKE AND ARTHUR".

Simply select from the pull down menu.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts
Default Best Luck

Steve, I wish you the best of luck with your rowing! Sounds like a great charity.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Steve, I wish you the best of luck with your rowing! Sounds like a great charity.
It's a tremendous event! The turnout is far bigger than the Beer Festival

Wish I had more practice time, one hour to the beat of a drum isn't much. I'm devoting my weekend hours earned to the charity. Four weeks from today I'll be near the NASWA looking for a Margarita
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote