Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
knowit

Default Meredith trailer and truck parking question.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here but I have been lurking here for quite sometime. I grew up around the lake as my parents would take us here every summer. ( My mom is from Franklin).

Anyway , to the point. This year we are renting a house on the lake in Meredith (Pinacle Park Rd) for two weeks of heaven. I am bringing our Ebbtide 2200. I will launch the boat at the town docks in Meredith and dont plan to pull the boat out until we leave. My question is about long term trailer and truck parking. Ideally I would like to leave the whole rig in the parking lot for the whole time. Another option might be to leave the just the trailer somewhere if I had to. I would be happy to pay for this service if I knew they would be secure. Can you do this at the regular trailer parking lot? I have e mailed the Meredith Police dept but got no reply. Any help would be appreciated. We will be there Aug 1 to the 14th.

Thanks, and great foums. It makes me feel like I am there.
knowit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
rick35

I'd check to see if there's enough room to leave your trailer on the property where you're renting.
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
GreensKeeper

You might call one of the many storage places in the area. I see that the one on rt 104 in Meredith across from the old Jackson Star has trailers on it. I have no idea of the cost but just a thought. Good luck.
GreensKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
knowit

The house we are renting has a shared driveway. I don't want to be a "renter bonehead" and upset anyone by monopolizing the driveway space.

The storage facility idea sounds like it might work. Any chance you have the names of the closest ones?

Any locals with yard space want to make a few extra bucks?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Irrigation Guy

I know one of the local rental property agencies in the area allows trailer storage on their property. Maybe check with your rental agency if there was one?

Last edited by Irrigation Guy; 07-24-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Irrigation Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #6
knowit

I just spoke to Lisa at Meredith Self Storage. Very nice person and very helpful.

Looks like I have a solution. Thanks to all for ideas. See you on the lake.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
rick35

I like you and I don't even know you.... a person who doesn't want to be a "bonehead". Consideration for others is a wonderful thing!
rick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
knowit

Only because I deal with boneheads all the time in my business and on my home port (Webster lake in Webster Ma.).
Mass really needs to institute a safe boaters course requirement. Man, the stuff I have seen on that small lake. Like the other day an older guy on a PWC came barreling out of the channel right at me . He finally changed his course slightly so we did not collide. He passed me so close he threw spray in my boat. Oh, forgot to mention the two small children he had on the PWC with him. One sitting in the front holding the handle bars.

Boneheads, yes I know of them.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #9
Meredith lady

Default storage

I sent you a private message with another suggestion for storage!
Meredith lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:06 AM   #10
travaler18

Default marina

ask meredith marina if they woud temp store it
travaler18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Thumbs up Meredith Marina

A few years ago, I paid the launch fee at the marina and they let me store the trailer for the week. I don't think you can get any better than that!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #12
knowit

I have sent an e mail to the general manger at Meredith Marina to see if that is possible. Most likely will be buying all my fuel there for the next two weeks so maybe that is worth something also. If not the storage facility solution will work fine. Only $60 to keep the trailer and truck there for two weeks. It would be nice if I didn't have to deal with the boneheads at the town dock ramp though. Do you remember what the launch fee was?
Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
BroadHopper

Thumbs down Mass lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowit View Post
Only because I deal with boneheads all the time in my business and on my home port (Webster lake in Webster Ma.).
Mass really needs to institute a safe boaters course requirement. Man, the stuff I have seen on that small lake. Like the other day an older guy on a PWC came barreling out of the channel right at me . He finally changed his course slightly so we did not collide. He passed me so close he threw spray in my boat. Oh, forgot to mention the two small children he had on the PWC with him. One sitting in the front holding the handle bars.

Boneheads, yes I know of them.
I had some pretty harrowing experence on Webster Lake. Is that the one with the looooong Indian name?

Not too crazy about how Mass. id the 'sunken islands' with a clorox bottle. Makes you wonder what side to go on.

I remember being out on the middle of the lake and hit a sand bar when I tried to go on plane!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #14
knowit

Yes that is the one. Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg .
And yes the low spots in that lake come up right where you least expect them. I believe I have successfully found every low spot there is. I have the damaged props to prove it. I even went so far as to draw up my own chart of shallows based on my own knowledge and satellite images. (the lake is VERY clean). Also, there are NO navigational aids on that lake. Anything you see was placed there by a caring resident. I have been boating on that lake for years and like to think I know it pretty well. Right now is pretty easy as it is about a foot or so over the normal level. I probaly should have bought a jet boat since this is my regular stomping grounds, but I just couldn't make the switch. I like to have an outdrive in the water to act as a rudder when just coasting. I guess I am old school. But I never seem to relax with $1200 of stainless steel in the water. I am thinking about popping on a set of amuminum props just for the heck of it.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #15
BroadHopper

Exclamation Solid hub

I'm running a Mirage II with solid hub. I can't imagine what will happen if I had hit a rock in that sand bar. I was fortunate I didn't hit one!

Since you have a few dented stainless steel props, I'm going to switch over to the aluminum with rubber hub whenever I am in strange waters. Especially Mass. I heard it is the same in CT and New York state. I have yet to trailer to those states.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #16
CC185

Default Free Parking at Lovejoy Sands Road near Shep Brown's

I just returned from our Winni Bear Island vacation and we were able to keep out truck and boat trailer at the Meredith Lovejoy Sands Road public parking. This free parking is on the same road Shep Brown's Marina is on in Meredith. There is no charge to keep truck or trailer at this public location but you must visit Meredith PD and get a week or two pass to keep vehicles there. If you do this make sure you bring your vehicle registrations for both car/truck and boat trailer, Meredith PD will need them to issue pass. We kept our boat at our dock so I'm not sure if overnight docking is available at Shep's. Good Luck and have a great week on Winni!!