Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Dave R

Default Awesome Customer Service in Southern NH

My LG plasma TV died. I opened it up and started troubleshooting. I felt that I had it narrowed down to the Z sustain board, but wanted to be sure before I spent any money on it. I called a TV repair place nearby that I'd used before. The guy had treated me well years ago when he fixed my old Trinitron and and I wanted to give him my business. I explained the problem to him and asked him if it was worth fixing. He told me a way to ensure it is just the Z sustain board (it is) and said "It's probably just the two MOSFETS on the board; you sound like you know some electronics, test Q13 and Q14 and let me know if they are shorted." I did, they were indeed shorted, so I looked up the part numbers for them, found higher power rated (for longer life) replacements and called him back. I was still planning to bring it to him for repair even though I know I can replace the two parts. He said, "I'll just get you the parts, you can put them in right?".

The parts are due in on Friday. They came to 7 bucks, with shipping to his shop. The guy thought I was silly to suggest he fix it when he could just tell me how. Hopefully, that's all that is wrong with it. I really appreciate his honesty and willingness to help.

The shop is called Exeter Television Service. It's in Exeter, NH.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post:
GsChinadoll (04-26-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
DickR

Dave, he just bought himself a free "ad" on Winnipesaukee.com, of the sort worth far more than the "lost business" he gave up from telling you that you could do it yourself. Smart move on his part, perhaps, and I hope your testimony pays off handsomely for him!
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickR View Post
Dave, he just bought himself a free "ad" on Winnipesaukee.com, of the sort worth far more than the "lost business" he gave up from telling you that you could do it yourself. Smart move on his part, perhaps, and I hope your testimony pays off handsomely for him!
I hope so too.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
ArborTech

Thumbs up Great to hear!

That sort of customer service is what first prompted one of my customers to write a post here on Winnipesaukee.com about me. Since then my business has grown, my customer base around the lake has broadened and I attribute a lot of that to the word of mouth advertising I got here. Thank you all!
ArborTech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ArborTech For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Guy (04-25-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArborTech View Post
That sort of customer service is what first prompted one of my customers to write a post here on Winnipesaukee.com about me. Since then my business has grown, my customer base around the lake has broadened and I attribute a lot of that to the word of mouth advertising I got here. Thank you all!
And that's what got you my business.Thanks Court.
ArborTech (04-26-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
dpg

Is it a Samsung? If so they had a Diode or Resistor failing in them and was repairing the sets for nothing. I called Samsung about a year ago (Mass TV) and they sent someone out of Rhode Island who was handling the repairs. They indeed found it to be this faulty part and the repair was free at my home.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote