Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Blogs Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #101
911 Carrera
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MA & NH
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Pbm

There was another marina previously in the current PBM location. In fact the owners of PBM and LLM are on good terms as are most marinas on the big lake. To bring you up to speed, read my earlier post. You may also want to read other posts from people like Bentley Boy who seem to know what has been really going on. Get informed.
911 Carrera is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #102
NHBUOY
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loon Mtn. winters...Meredith Neck summers
Posts: 395
Thanks: 281
Thanked 90 Times in 57 Posts
Default

...I AM informed...which is why I posted what I did...BB talks like a lawyer, so I'll "believe" some of what he says....(which, so far, has been entertaining, educational, and amusing)...you 1st post guys are usually troublemakers....incredibly inaccurate, unfair, or totally wrong is what posts like this thrive on...lol...carry on...
NHBUOY is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #103
911 Carrera
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MA & NH
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default The bridge(???)

You are quite amusing but we will soon see who knows what. You are right, Bentley Boy does act like a lawyer There have been no problems in the twenty plus years the bridge has been there. Cheers!!
911 Carrera is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 911 Carrera For This Useful Post:
NHBUOY (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #104
NoBozo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Portsmouth. RI
Posts: 1,938
Thanks: 360
Thanked 357 Times in 250 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 Carrera View Post
You are quite amusing but we will soon see who knows what. You are right, Bentley Boy does act like a lawyer There have been no problems in the twenty plus years the bridge has been there. Cheers!!
Welcome to the Forum New Guy. NB

OH Wait: Maybe I should have said.... Welcome aboard Cowboy.
NoBozo is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 07:28 PM   #105
911 Carrera
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MA & NH
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default The Lakeport RR bridge

An English cowboy?? I think not unless we are herding Jaguars on horse back. Not likely is it?? Cheers!!
911 Carrera is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #106
diz
Senior Member
 
diz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Laconia
Posts: 124
Thanks: 71
Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
Default LLM Customers?

I'd be interested to know if anyone who's posted on this thread is actually, currently a LLM customer?
diz is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #107
SigSauer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Default Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by diz View Post
I'd be interested to know if anyone who's posted on this thread is actually, currently a LLM customer?
Bentley Boy is an employee at Lake-port Landing. Outside of being a wise guy, he does have the inside scoop.
SigSauer is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SigSauer For This Useful Post:
diz (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #108
Bentley Boy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.H.
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default More of the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigSauer View Post
Bentley Boy is an employee at Lake-port Landing. Outside of being a wise guy, he does have the inside scoop.
Once again, more unfounded speculation on this thread!! I, Bentley Boy, am not and never have been a Lakeport Landing Marina employee. I do have though a long time familiarity of the marine industry in N.H. Nice try though!!
Bentley Boy is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #109
meredith weekender
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Meredith / Manchester
Posts: 302
Thanks: 59
Thanked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
Once again, more unfounded speculation on this thread!! I, Bentley Boy, am not and never have been a Lakeport Landing Marina employee. I do have though a long time familiarity of the marine industry in N.H. Nice try though!!
My guess is that Bentley Boy used to be a fry cook at the Burger King and now passes his time hanging out at different marinas. ha ha ha

Just having some fun BB. This thread is hilarious with speculation and misinformation.
meredith weekender is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to meredith weekender For This Useful Post:
Bentley Boy (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #110
SigSauer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Default I stand corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
Once again, more unfounded speculation on this thread!! I, Bentley Boy, am not and never have been a Lakeport Landing Marina employee. I do have though a long time familiarity of the marine industry in N.H. Nice try though!!
Your just a wise-guy.
SigSauer is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #111
Bentley Boy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.H.
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default And yet more ....

Sig: You are untypically correct, I am a very wise guy!!
Bentley Boy is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #112
NHBUOY
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loon Mtn. winters...Meredith Neck summers
Posts: 395
Thanks: 281
Thanked 90 Times in 57 Posts
Thumbs up

...wize guyz keep thingz interezting......
NHBUOY is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #113
meredith weekender
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Meredith / Manchester
Posts: 302
Thanks: 59
Thanked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
Sig: You are untypically correct, I am a very wise guy!!
BB, since you are soooo WISE, why don't you inform us as to what is happening over at LLM and the BIG announcement that is coming up. Show us that you are in the know.
meredith weekender is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #114
Bentley Boy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.H.
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default Llm

I am sorry but I have been sworn to secrecy on this. I am not sure when the open house and the announcements will come but Memorial Day weekend would be my guess. The marine industry's model year changes, etc. usually occur in early July so I believe announcements will be made to coincide with that event.

I truly believe this will put to rest any question that LLM is not still considered an extremely desirable dealer to high line boat manufacturers and suppliers. LLM has an unparalleled reputation with its customers and the manufacturers they have represented. I guess that explains their great and continuing earned success. In all my years I have seen many excellent marina operations but, for more than thirty years, LLM still stands amongst the very best. But you do not need to believe me, just ask their customers and especially those that have been so loyal to LLM for decades. Actions always speak louder than words. (And do not believe everything you read - especially here.)
Bentley Boy is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bentley Boy For This Useful Post:
Lakeport Landing Marina (05-20-2011), NHBUOY (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #115
Little Bear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 300
Thanks: 51
Thanked 94 Times in 55 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
I am sorry but I have been sworn to secrecy on this. I am not sure when the open house and the announcements will come but Memorial Day weekend would be my guess. The marine industry's model year changes, etc. usually occur in early July so I believe announcements will be made to coincide with that event.

I truly believe this will put to rest any question that LLM is not still considered an extremely desirable dealer to high line boat manufacturers and suppliers. LLM has an unparalleled reputation with its customers and the manufacturers they have represented. I guess that explains their great and continuing earned success. In all my years I have seen many excellent marina operations but, for more than thirty years, LLM still stands amongst the very best. But you do not need to believe me, just ask their customers and especially those that have been so loyal to LLM for decades. Actions always speak louder than words. (And do not believe everything you read - especially here.)
I am a customer of Lakeport Landing, and everything BB says in this post is absolutely accurate in my opinion. Their service and employees are the best in the business.
Little Bear is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Bear For This Useful Post:
911 Carrera (05-17-2011), Lakeport Landing Marina (05-20-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #116
Two dobys
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 22
Thanks: 53
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I have had excellent experiences with Lakeport Landing, going back to the eighties. Always treated great, and their service has been great. I would buy another boat from them without a doubt.
Just my opinion, not looking to stir the pot.
Two dobys is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Two dobys For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #117
911 Carrera
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MA & NH
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Why is this thread so inactive all of a sudden?? The silence is deafening. I was truly enjoying all the banter. Oh well. Cheers!!
911 Carrera is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #118
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,017
Thanks: 69
Thanked 242 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 Carrera View Post
Why is this thread so inactive all of a sudden?? The silence is deafening. I was truly enjoying all the banter. Oh well. Cheers!!
I think its the fact that none of us could give a crap and think that people hiding their true relationships to LLM are a joke. I wasn't teasted/enticed in the slightest. I have no issues with the dealership, as a matter of fact I have only even been on their lot once. I spend my money elsewhere because I have chosen to buy other brands. I have never been to PBM, no reason just never been there. Both dealers are out of my way and don't have anything I need.

I could care lesss if they keep or lose Formula (although all things considered there is plenty of negative press for Formula out of this), could care less as to who owns/controls the bridge, and could care less if they get another line. None of these things will have any effect on my boating. My only gripe from the start has to do with the incident and people claiming that it was not a certain persons fault to any extent. In this case it is probably pointed more at people making claims like this.
codeman671 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (05-18-2011), SigSauer (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #119
SigSauer
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Default I couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I think its the fact that none of us could give a crap and think that people hiding their true relationships to LLM are a joke. I wasn't teasted/enticed in the slightest. I have no issues with the dealership, as a matter of fact I have only even been on their lot once. I spend my money elsewhere because I have chosen to buy other brands. I have never been to PBM, no reason just never been there. Both dealers are out of my way and don't have anything I need.

I could care lesss if they keep or lose Formula (although all things considered there is plenty of negative press for Formula out of this), could care less as to who owns/controls the bridge, and could care less if they get another line. None of these things will have any effect on my boating. My only gripe from the start has to do with the incident and people claiming that it was not a certain persons fault to any extent. In this case it is probably pointed more at people making claims like this.
Everyone is capable of reading between the lines and seeing the true story.
SigSauer is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #120
Bentley Boy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.H.
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Codeman671: Forgive me, but you are a PHONEY. I challenge anyone who reads or contributes to this thread to review your prior posts and prove otherwise. Coldman671 you are interested only in damaging someone's reputation or altering the facts. But, when proven wrong, which has happened all too frequently, you immediately proclaim it was a non issue. For example, remember the GPS debate Coldman??

And you also continue to imply that I have misled all of you in how I gained my in-depth knowledge of this matter. Let us try this again Coldman. I am involved within the N.H. marine industry which, despite what you may want to believe, is a close group that works together. We support each other largely because of the seasonality of New England summers. We share information in many areas. My only interest in this matter is that the facts be presented accurately and fairly so as to protect us from people like you.

Ms. Blizzard was found guilty based on the evidence that the state presented. She made some errors in judgement but, on the whole, I would gladly let her pilot on any boat I might be on.

Hope you will spend your idle time more positively in the future Coldman. Otherwise, you will remain a hopeless arm chair PHONEY.

Last edited by Bentley Boy; 05-18-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Bentley Boy is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #121
LongBay
Senior Member
 
LongBay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 88
Thanks: 18
Thanked 31 Times in 20 Posts
Default Time to get this thread back on track

After reading the latest BS centered around a railroad bridge, can't anyone just answer JustSold's simple question?
LongBay is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #122
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,017
Thanks: 69
Thanked 242 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
Codeman671: Forgive me, but you are a PHONEY. I challenge anyone who reads or contributes to this thread to review your prior posts and prove otherwise. Coldman671 you are interested only in damaging someone's reputation or altering the facts. But, when proven wrong which has happened all too frequently, you immediately proclaim it was a non issue. For example, remember the GPS debate Coldman??

And you also continue to imply that I have misled all of you in how I gained my in-depth knowledge of this matter. Let us try this again Coldman. I am involved within the N.H. marine industry which, despite what you may want to believe, is a close group that works together. We support each other largely because of the seasonality of New England summers. We share information in many areas. My only interest in this matter is that the facts be presented accurately and fairly so as to protect us from people like you.

Ms. Blizzard was found guilty based on the evidence that the state presented. She made some errors in judgement but, on the whole, I would gladly let her pilot on any boat I might be on.

Hope you will spend your idle time more positively in the future Coldman. Otherwise, you will remain a hopeless arm chair PHONEY.
Coldman? Really? Thats pretty pathetic...

I too am tied in deep in the NH marine industry in a number of ways but you probably didn't know that as you were too busy gloating over a GPS discussion. Give it up. There was a similar boat on their site at the time that was equipped and I took from another poster that it was the same boat involved. Was that trying to misinform anyone? Nope. I don't have to trash her reputation, that was self inflicted.

Some errors in judgement???? All it takes is one. She may be an excellent boater at most times, but at others clearly not. I'd consider myself an excellent one as well and WAS out that night and made it home in one piece. Other than a marina owner, I have probably owned more boats and pwc over the years than most people on this forum. I own 3-4 at a time and typically change them all out every year. Call it an addiction. How much time have you really spent on the water? Do you even own a boat?

Being tied into the industry in some way does not make you an expert. I certainly don't call myself one and probably have more experience with it than you.
codeman671 is offline  
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #123
Bentley Boy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.H.
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

You certainly have not changed my mind about you Coldman. YOU are beyond pathetic in trying to justify your position by saying you have owned so many boats and PWC. Yes, I have owned many boats and PWC as well and enjoyed them on the big lake but that does not make anyone an expert. It is like owning expensive golf clubs that never leave the basement. I have personally owned over the past 35 years many capable boats which I have taken to the ocean as well. Can you say that Coldman?? In fact, on a rainy, foggy moonless night in 1979 I drove my boat onto a rock pile on Spindle Point after the Weirs fireworks display with a Catholic priest and my family on board. Marker #1 was out so I was totally confused due to sudden heavy rain and no moon. I could see nothing. There was no alcohol involved. Do not gloat too much Coldman, you could be next. Wouldn't that be special?? Can you tell us that you have been in a similar situation?? I have piloted from Wolfeboro to Laconia many nights with no moon,heavy fog with a Bat straddling my white light. Can you say the same Coldman without GPS or radar?? I think not. Remember, there are only two kinds of boaters. "Those who have not been aground and those that will." Despite your slander, Ms. Blizzard was not drunk as the evidence and testimony proved. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you, but the Blizzard family could not influence that and, for that matter, little else.

So, you really are destructive Coldman and your post history proves it. Again I urge everyone who reads these posts to see how quickly you change positions in hopeless situations, You are a PHONEY and an arm chair coward. Sorry, but the truth has made that obvious.
Bentley Boy is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 12:38 AM   #124
trfour
Senior Member
 
trfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Lakes, Central NH. and Dallas/Fort Worth TX.
Posts: 3,070
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 1,537
Thanked 201 Times in 113 Posts
Smile How Come Some Would Want To Get Bent...

I sure enjoyed buying most of my gas at LakePort Marina since and many years here. They did all of the paper work for me so as I got a check from the State reimbursing me for the road use - the boat use, as I chose never to leave the Lake while out and about in the Boat.
They continue to bring us all ( Quality and a special experience, when it counts most to the rest of us ).

Road tax, Oh and yes MyFamily has more than paid their fair share over our many years here.
Look it up here, or elsewhere.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...iss-45149.html

Terry
________________________________________
trfour is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 AM   #125
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 3,247
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 556
Thanked 713 Times in 412 Posts
Default time to quit the personal attacks

You both need to sit back, take a deep breath, and walk on the other side of the street when you "see" each other. It is getting a little over the top and way way off topic!
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #126
Bentley Boy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.H.
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
You both need to sit back, take a deep breath, and walk on the other side of the street when you "see" each other. It is getting a little over the top and way way off topic!
You are probably correct but I, personally, really dislike people who will attempt to damage someone's reputation or alter the facts based solely on hearsay and unfounded speculation. Believe me, the whole Blizzard family has suffered terribly due to the events of that tragic night. Enough is enough, already.
Bentley Boy is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #127
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,017
Thanks: 69
Thanked 242 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley Boy View Post
You are probably correct but I, personally, really dislike people who will attempt to damage someone's reputation or alter the facts based solely on hearsay and unfounded speculation. Believe me, the whole Blizzard family has suffered terribly due to the events of that tragic night. Enough is enough, already.
How am I trying to damage a damaged reputation? I have no bones in this fight...I just think you are a joke and am hiding something in your relationship to all of this. Obviously by the responses of other posters I am not alone in my sentiment.

Yes, I have had plenty of moonless, rainy nights on both the ocean and on the lake. I grew up on the seacoast (still live there) and have spent a great deal of time on the ocean. I am also an islander and spend a lot of time on the lake. I've done plenty of rainy, dark rides from end to end as well. And no, like many other boaters on this forum I have never run aground. Can't say my white light has been straddled by a bat though, you got me on that one.

Coldman? Arm Chair Coward? How do you come up with this stuff? You need some new material.
codeman671 is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #128
NHBUOY
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loon Mtn. winters...Meredith Neck summers
Posts: 395
Thanks: 281
Thanked 90 Times in 57 Posts
Default

...Lakeport Landing has a tenacious and LOYAL clientele they have "earned" over the years by (arguably?) being the "best in the Biz" on the Lake...Nobody, even the "snipes" on here can take that away...My "spidey-sense" tells me that a LOT of people ENJOY seeing successful people take a fall...I don't...I always liked P.B. and still do..."blink-of-the-eye" accidents notwithstanding....
NHBUOY is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to NHBUOY For This Useful Post:
Bentley Boy (05-19-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #129
jrc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hollis/Gilford
Posts: 2,667
Thanks: 32
Thanked 426 Times in 242 Posts
Default

Some clarity

1) The quality of the Lakeport Landing Marina's business is not the question here, they may be the "best in the biz", I don't know them well enough to comment.

2) A criminal accident was caused by a member of the owners family and a major player in the business.

3) That accident and trial cause a lot of "bad press" for the guilty party, and her place of work. And indirectly her family because they own her place of work.

4) That accident and trial caused a lot of "bad press" for the Formula brand.

5) Many believe that the accident contributed to the successful passage of the speed limit law. Not the only cause but a contributing factor.

6) Many believe that the speed limit has caused some boat buyers to switch away from performance brands.

7) It is possible to believe that the "bad press" for the dealer and the brand plus the reduced performance boat demand had some affect on the decision by Formula to change dealers. Not the only reason but some effect.
jrc is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jrc For This Useful Post:
Rusty (05-19-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #130
911 Carrera
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MA & NH
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHBUOY View Post
...Lakeport Landing has a tenacious and LOYAL clientele they have "earned" over the years by (arguably?) being the "best in the Biz" on the Lake...Nobody, even the "snipes" on here can take that away...My "spidey-sense" tells me that a LOT of people ENJOY seeing successful people take a fall...I don't...I always liked P.B. and still do..."blink-of-the-eye" accidents notwithstanding....
Bravo NHBUOY, Bravo!! You used all the right words: "tenacious", "LOYAL", "earned","snipes" and not to mention the people who "ENJOY seeing successful people a fall". These are good people who operate a quality business with quality products and services. I have known Paul for many years and he has always been equally loyal to his customers and his friends as well. Always above board.

Again, well said. Cheers!!
911 Carrera is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 911 Carrera For This Useful Post:
NHBUOY (05-19-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #131
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,215
Thanks: 392
Thanked 426 Times in 270 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Some clarity

1) The quality of the Lakeport Landing Marina's business is not the question here, they may be the "best in the biz", I don't know them well enough to comment.

2) A criminal accident was caused by a member of the owners family and a major player in the business.

3) That accident and trial cause a lot of "bad press" for the guilty party, and her place of work. And indirectly her family because they own her place of work.

4) That accident and trial caused a lot of "bad press" for the Formula brand.

5) Many believe that the accident contributed to the successful passage of the speed limit law. Not the only cause but a contributing factor.

6) Many believe that the speed limit has caused some boat buyers to switch away from performance brands.

7) It is possible to believe that the "bad press" for the dealer and the brand plus the reduced performance boat demand had some affect on the decision by Formula to change dealers. Not the only reason but some effect.
Very well said and here is number 8:

8) Bentley Boy coming on here and trying to clear things up has only muddied up the water even more.
Rusty is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (05-19-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #132
Bentley Boy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.H.
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Very well said and here is number 8:

8) Bentley Boy coming on here and trying to clear things up has only muddied up the water even more.
Sorry that things did not work out as hoped for you and your speculating cronies. The obvious and boring truth is still starring all of you in the face.

Oh well, there is still hope. Surely another victim will appear and you can once again discredit all the facts and evidence that law enforcement, the courts and even the media come up with. I ask you, who is better qualified to pass judgement on the facts than a few posters on this august forum?? Who??

Last edited by Bentley Boy; 05-19-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Bentley Boy is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #133
SIKSUKR
Senior Member
 
SIKSUKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,226
Thanks: 191
Thanked 622 Times in 363 Posts
Default

BB,take this for what its worth.Your only hurting your cause here in my mind.As many members know here,I was friends with Steph and an aquaintence of Erica having rafted with her for more than a few years.I said my piece on those long threads about the accident but have since moved on.Reading your aggressive posts don't help her position in my mind.If she really is a friend to you then you might want to rethink your tactic.JMO
__________________
SIKSUKR
SIKSUKR is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #134
meredith weekender
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Meredith / Manchester
Posts: 302
Thanks: 59
Thanked 53 Times in 35 Posts
Default

ENOUGH already with the back and forth!!!!!

Most of us have moved forward and are awaiting to see the big announcement. LLM are good people let's leave them alone.

Negativity breeds negativity. Maybe Don can create a Forum for all of the negative people to go to.
meredith weekender is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to meredith weekender For This Useful Post:
upthesaukee (05-19-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #135
Bentley Boy
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: N.H.
Posts: 22
Thanks: 4
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
BB,take this for what its worth.Your only hurting your cause here in my mind.As many members know here,I was friends with Steph and an aquaintence of Erica having rafted with her for more than a few years.I said my piece on those long threads about the accident but have since moved on.Reading your aggressive posts don't help her position in my mind.If she really is a friend to you then you might want to rethink your tactic.JMO
Thank you for your comments, truly. Let me be clear. I do not consider my role to be Erica's defender. She is a mature and very capable woman who really does not need anyone's help. What I have attempted to do though is get the real facts out there whether they were favorable to Erica or not. Erica was found guilty to the lesser charge which I believe was fair. Her family's money did afford them good counsel but it only assured them that Erica would be tried fairly. (Thank God none of these posters sat on her jury!!) My problem is with how every aspect of this case has been challenged by posters. Example: It all started with LLM "losing" the Formula franchise. Not true, in fact they are still a dealer. The real problem was, as they say, "It's the economy stupid!!" Or how about the accusations that Erica and her companions were drunk at the accident scene?? Not true, in fact the court records reveal that on the boat there were several large unopened liquor bottles and one small bottle with most of its contents still in place. Witnesses testified that all three woman appeared to be sober leaving the Wolfe Trap hours earlier. There was an early report that there were empty beer cans found on the shore where the crash occurred. But if you knew Erica as you say you do, you would know that she does NOT drink beer. But still the posters here seem to know better and insist she was drunk. Oh yes, one of my favorites was Erica's work release program. For the record, the work release program was part of her sentencing because of extenuating circumstances at LLM. These posters demanded a heavier sentence for her and even pledged to seek out their own form of justice. I could go on and on with electronics and GPS speculations, who owns the railroad bridge, what that bridge might do to PBM, slander of the LLM ownership and organization, etc. These same posters do not believe that I am who I say I am. I guess that is because what I have offered to clear up the facts does not fit into their spiteful and uninformed agenda. I fear that many people would be elated to hear the heavy toll this tragic accident has taken on the Blizzard family, its friends as well as LLM's superb reputation. The vultures only tried to make it even more painful for them. Shame!! Shame!!

So when I used the word "victim" I guess I should have been clearer. The victim I am referring to is the person or event this forum makes into a victim, worthy or not.
Bentley Boy is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #136
NHBUOY
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loon Mtn. winters...Meredith Neck summers
Posts: 395
Thanks: 281
Thanked 90 Times in 57 Posts
Default

...re: Rusty's muddied waters...you must be on the wrong side of the pond...I just walked up from the dock and the water was crystal clear and refreshing here in Meredith......
...re: boat reality...ALL the marinas on the Lake would PREFER to sell the family bow-riders/day-boats/cruisers rather than the performance boats...the PROFIT margins on the cruisers is much larger than a like-size performance boat...and the market is larger...
...re: the hull truth...All those vents, steps, pads, reliefs, strake placement and angles, and other doo-dads on the bottoms of ALL the major companies, have raised efficiency and performance by implementing things that have first appeared on race boats...in other words, the Cowboys are the one's that are leading the technological edge with R & D and passing it down the line to the more sedate, cowgirl crowd...techno-trickle-down...you're welcome....
NHBUOY is offline  
Old 05-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #137
jetskier
Senior Member
 
jetskier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: North Reading, MA and South Down Shores
Posts: 669
Thanks: 18
Thanked 88 Times in 55 Posts
Thumbs down Stop the nonsense!

No one cares....give it a rest!

Jetskier
jetskier is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jetskier For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (05-19-2011), Skip (05-20-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #138
911 Carrera
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: MA & NH
Posts: 8
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
No one cares....give it a rest!

Jetskier

Wrong, I care and so should every decent fair minded person. As your great American philosopher Mark Twain once said:

"Always do what is right.
This will gratify some
And astonish the rest."

Mssr. Twain was right and so is Bentley Boy for caring about fairness. Carry on Mr. Bentley Boy, Carry on.

Cheers!!
911 Carrera is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 911 Carrera For This Useful Post:
NHBUOY (05-19-2011)
Old 05-23-2011, 04:46 AM   #139
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 3,343
Thanks: 393
Thanked 236 Times in 176 Posts
Question A Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
No one cares....give it a rest!
This topic, with no response from me, has now been moved to "Lake Issues".

So...this little observation:

Older Formulas were equipped with depth sounders—having an audible alarm. The "subject boat" was found with the throttles pulled back.

Did an alarm trigger that response by the boat's Captain?
ApS is offline  
Old 05-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #140
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,017
Thanks: 69
Thanked 242 Times in 157 Posts
Default

So adding Chris Craft is the big news that is going to surprise us all?
codeman671 is offline  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 AM   #141
NHBUOY
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Loon Mtn. winters...Meredith Neck summers
Posts: 395
Thanks: 281
Thanked 90 Times in 57 Posts
Thumbs up

...Hey C911 & BB...thanx for the banter, and good luck with the Chris-Crafts...feel free to stop by and say HI......happy trails, Cowboy(s)......
NHBUOY is offline  
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #142
jrc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hollis/Gilford
Posts: 2,667
Thanks: 32
Thanked 426 Times in 242 Posts
Default

It is a surprise that they could land a line more overpriced than Formula.
jrc is offline  
Old 05-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #143
Sunset View
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 56
Thanks: 42
Thanked 35 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
There is more to the story of Silver Sands parting ways with Fountain. Lack of warranty support from Fountain being a major one.
I owned a few Fountains, enjoyed Chris Gagnon as he is a sharp young man, a real gentleman, unfortunately, that's where the good ends at Silver Sands. As for the boats themselves, I just wouldn't own a Fountain to save my life, new or used!.......They are an inferior product, have lousy support and even worse residual values! The service crew at SSands could never solve problems on our new boat and as such, I returned to Formula.....say what you want about Lakeport, but as long as Ron Sorgente is there, I will not go anywhere else. 95% of the lakes region marinas don't know a thing about how to keep a customer loyal. Ron Sorgente does and so too does Ernie Gillan at Gillan Marine !!!! Maybe some day I will be a PBM customer, but for now, I stay with those that treat me and my spends with respect and appreciation. There's a certain feeling of respect for the customer that comes with the Lakeport and Gillan Marine teams.
Sunset View is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunset View For This Useful Post:
Sully (06-24-2012), Two dobys (05-15-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #144
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,017
Thanks: 69
Thanked 242 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View View Post
I owned a few Fountains, enjoyed Chris Gagnon as he is a sharp young man, a real gentleman, unfortunately, that's where the good ends at Silver Sands. As for the boats themselves, I just wouldn't own a Fountain to save my life, new or used!.......They are an inferior product, have lousy support and even worse residual values! The service crew at SSands could never solve problems on our new boat and as such, I returned to Formula.....say what you want about Lakeport, but as long as Ron Sorgente is there, I will not go anywhere else. 95% of the lakes region marinas don't know a thing about how to keep a customer loyal. Ron Sorgente does and so too does Ernie Gillan at Gillan Marine !!!! Maybe some day I will be a PBM customer, but for now, I stay with those that treat me and my spends with respect and appreciation. There's a certain feeling of respect for the customer that comes with the Lakeport and Gillan Marine teams.
This thread is a year old. Let it die peacefully...
codeman671 is offline  
Old 05-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #145
Water Camper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pembroke, NH / Laconia, NH
Posts: 251
Thanks: 4
Thanked 157 Times in 51 Posts
Default Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
This thread is a year old. Let it die peacefully...
Enough said.
Water Camper is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This page was generated in 0.35336 seconds