View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
bigdog

Default Furnace Issue?

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated !

Latest status, furnace started !

I pressed the 'reset' button for about 1-2 seconds, then released, and furnace blower came on for 30-45 seconds. I believe that's what it's suppose to do? However, it shutdown right after this.

Since I was already down on my knees, I figured I just say a prayer !
I then said to myself, I'll give it one more try. I did remember though, the last time the oil dealer performed same furnace reset, he held the 'reset' button in, for about 30 seconds, then released it, so I did same this time.
Wha-la ! Furnace started ! Yippee ! I suspect holding the reset button for the 30 seconds must have been shooting oil into the burner, and maybe first time, didn't have any oil in burner to keep it going? Again, just a big assumption on my part? However, when the furnace did come on, a huge puff of black smoke came out of burner, and I suspect at exhaust vent also.
Long story short, furnace is running and has been for 24hrs without any issues so far?

Rusty,
Just to let you know, the tube that goes from the fan to the prover switch
was cleaned out and the ' prover switch' itself was replaced with new in the last 2 wks. Oil dealer said it was faulty, as a result of the furnace issues 2 wks ago. Again, "Do you think the 'wind' had any factor in furnace shutdown" ?

Robmac,
I did not shutdown the electricity to furnace, before hitting 'reset' switch, will remember that next time. Didn't see your Post about this until after the fact, but it certainly makes sense.

Oil dealer coming to house soon, anyway to deliver more oil (still have 1/2 tank).

Thanks All !

BD
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links