Thread: My First Boat!
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #49
Other Lake

Default First Boat

Great thread, thanks all...

My first boat is currently a year old. Since my late teens I have always dreamed of having my own boat, but it had not been in the cards. Not being a very handy person, I thought buying new would be best way to go, but had little budget.

Watching the Celtics playoffs last year (the boat was the only good thing to come out of that) I saw a commercial for a Marine up in Vermont advertising brand new 2007 Bayliner 175's with trailer at an incredible price. It was 2009 and Bayliner had asked them to stock some leftovers and incented them to move the inventory.

My wife walked in the family room and I said "I think I am going to buy a boat"
She responded; 1. You've never driven a boat before - Me: sure I have, before we met 2. You don't have a license - Me: I can get one 3. You have never trailered anything before - Me: I can learn 4. The kids would like it - Me: I am pretty sure that was the green light.

Two days and a 3 hour drive later we bought a new 2007 Bayliner 175. I do not think you can buy a boat that is more of a "base" or "entry level" model, but I could not be more proud of owning a boat. 1. I have driven a boat a lot now. 2. I have my NH Safe Boating Certificate. 3. My trailer skills are getting better, but if you are behind me on a ramp, have a little patience. 4. The Kids and my wife are all enjoying being on the water every chance we get.
Other Lake is offline   Reply With Quote