View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #16
Mr. Moyer

Default certain areas

I just got back home and am surprised to see that many felt the lake was empty on sunday. I felt that in certain areas the lake was as busy as I've ever seen it! I went from Alton to Weirs and found that the area near the witches and the half mile to governers bridge, was nuts. The chop was about 3 ft all around and as far as the eye could see there were boats. Then as we went to the NASWA we couldn't get a spot for about 20 minutes, when we did they squeezed us between two boats. Weirs beach was as busy as I've seen. Maybe some NH residents are doing staycations instead of traveling outside the state and revistiting Winnie for the first time in years. Also, despite cooler weather the West Alton sandbar was packed on Monday.

I will admit though that early morning and early evening were fairly slow, but I though that was due to the fact that it was cool in the am. Also, more sailboats then I have ever seen. there were about 20 near the witches on Sunday in what looked like a race. Great weekend overall, if they were all like this I would know what heavan is like.
Mr. Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote