View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #159
XCR-700

Thumbs down PLEASE NOT Ellacoya!!!

Sounds like a GREAT idea, but what an unthinkable thing to do the one of the nicest public places on Winnipesaukee.

Anywhere but there,,,

There must be an easy dozen better places then ruining Ellacoya.

And as a day boater on Winnipesaukee who has suffered considerably with the loss of access to the Ames Farm ramp, I am the first to say the state owes us all (yes including us non-residents who actually register our boats in NH!) a decent ramp with a reasonably sufficient parking (like more than 10 -20), but with that said I would NEVER want it at Ellacoya. Its just too pristine to even consider such an high impact change.

I am very surprised to think anyone would want to see this beautiful place turned upside down with the addition of all that is being discussed.

This is but one more example of how Winnipesauke continues to evolve and not for the better. Winnipesaukee gets speed limits, bans on switchable exhaust, restrictions on how many skiers/tubes you can tow, Ames Farm boat ramp gets shut down and little is done to save it, but bulldoze part of Ellacoya for a private sailing school and club/entertainment facility and it gets a big thumbs up,,, Not sure what to even make of this,,,

I’ll say again, its not the Winnipesaukee I spent summers on as a kid, and I don’t see these changes and positive.

I say build your sailing school and entertainment facility with all the blessings and endorsement I can muster, but not at Ellacoya!
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: