View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #36
Phantom

Okay -- Finally got the opportunity to stop in and have dinner.

To begin, I must admit, I have never been to the "Lobster Pound" in the past as neither the building nor menu held any attraction for my wife & I and thus cannot speak directly to the amount of renovations that may have been done... but with that said:

We went over Friday night after Christmas, surprisingly, as it was just after Christmas, the place was reasonably crowded. Perhaps the newness?

Immediately upon entering we were greeted by two hosts with smiles on their faces and arranged for "High Top" seating in the lounge area -- our preference this night. My wife & I immediately went and took a tour of the place and I must say QUITE impressive ... with a larger Barn like room apparently for functions and very quaint table seating arrangements throughout the rest of the facility. The notable aspect was the patio ... which if managed and laid out correctly could be a "Home Run" for the facility in the Summer months. The lounge area was very comfortable with sofa and chair seating on both sides/ends which mixed with the High tops perfectly... plenty of "wide screens" (volumes off).

To the food -- our service was impeccable with our waitress constantly checking back . Our service began with a selection of breads -- I highly recommend the olive bread (yummm)

Our meals were "very good" -- Great is a highly reserved word --it is clear the Chef takes pride as there was careful consideration of "dish presentation". I had the Bolognese and my wife had the parmingian -- neither of us could finish which speaks to the serving sizes.

Overall -- a GREAT addition to the area .... I sincerely hope they do well.