View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #45
Bumble2249

Default Cider Bellies to Open New Location At Sawyers Dairy Bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveA View Post
Sometimes a post here on Winni.com gets a little lopsided. I think this may be one of them.

First off, the cider donut has been around for a very long time. Google "recipe for cider donuts" and you will get "about 496,000 in .27secs". So any idea that Beans and Greens stole someones idea is simply wrong. They were making donuts and other baked goods long before "Cider Bellies", showed up in the parking lot of Sawyers.

The "owner lady" has a name, she is Martina Howe, she and her husband Andy are, IMHO, a wonderful part of Gilford. She is not in the Public Relations business, she is a business owner and actively runs the actual farming part of the business.

I understand that sometimes she may seem to be a bit abrupt, but I suggest that if you were interupted 100 times a day when you were trying to do your job, you might get a little testy also. I've done it myself, I have a question like " Do you have any more red impatients... " and I spot Martina actively working on some "farming" and just walk over and start asking questions that the staff at the cash register could have answered.

I would suggest that you take a look at the Beans and Greens Facebook page, take a look at the charity and educational programs they support.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beans...stream&fref=nf

They provide our church fair with all sorts of Veggies for our Summer Fair luncheon. They run educational, health awareness programs, and all sorts of things.

Beans and Greens is a great business to have here in Gilford, and the Howe family is a great example of how hard work breeds success.

JMHO..
My previous post...

She objects because cider bellies used to sell their product at beans and greens. One day somebody discovered that beans and greens was posing as a business that was still selling cider bellies product, when In reality they had tried to copy the recipe and sell a copy cat. Cider bellies then pulled out immediately from beans and greens. As they should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bumble2249; 06-23-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: added content
Bumble2249 is offline   Reply With Quote