View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #31
angela4design

Default Smoking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxie66 View Post

I agree about the smokers, I'm a non smoker, and they have taken steps, to not allow smoking in the patio
I mention smoking because we agree - it's disagreeable. You say that they discourage it it, yet provide ashtrays. I guess that I see both sides. I would rather have a clean patio with smokers than one littered with butts on the ground. The Law gives us the least of evils - at least they HAVE to take it outside (remember, this used to be a coffee & cigar shop)! So, I can see that...

I honestly do have hopes for the Cat. I've said before - I heard they were nice people that bought the establishment, and I have always loved it before. (Only heresay on this forum that Mike bought it; I hadn't heard that before.) I do hope to return and find a better experience than my first post - I was just extremely disappointed by that first impression.

TO THEIR CREDIT... they have kept an excellent chef! I hope that I was simply an early guest, and the magic-making hadn't begun yet for that day. There's an article clipped for the newspaper at the counter - and rightfully so! Her creations are TASTY! I'm glad they've kept her (I think her name is Erin)...

I hope to try it again soon... my original complaint was more about the attitude I received than the lack of artificial sweetener! Next time, I'll order espresso... that should be pretty straight-forward.

Jinxie and guests, I honestly didn't mean to wage an attack on a local business. I had a bad expereince, and wanted to know if others had. (I really get peeved when I spend money at an establishment, and they're not even KIND to patrons.) I hope for better. When I try it again... and I will (fingers crossed), I hope for better. Their tarragon Chicken salad was yummy... hope they bring that back. That will be what I ask for when I come back.

And I don't CARE what role Jinxie plays. IT DOESN'T MATTER. If s/he is a customer -great! (It's a local business) If s/he's an affiliate or owner, then they've been made aware of some of the community experiences... even better! Either way, they've read about the public wanting clean tables, good service and good products. So, Jinxie, I'm glad that the better experience is you have had! I hope for the same...

I wonder if Jinxie got the bad wrap for the hit-and-run first post. No matter... We've come to the consensus, I think, to take it for what it is. Jinxie, the more time you spend with us, the more credibility you gain. What DO you like? And, where else do you go? What experience can you bring to the group?
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote