View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #38
2Blackdogs

Huh?

One of those links goes to this site.

The other goes to a site that states:

Quote:
This forum is dedicated to promoting boater safety and education. Discussing events and there possible causes is what we do. It's a shame that anyone gets hurt out on the water and it certainly is a tragedy to the families.
An alarm-sounding depth finder would be a good suggestion for those who travel the Big Lake at night. That is one of safety suggestions I'd hoped to read here. It should have been put forth by a member in opposition to speed limits, which is the bulk of the replies here. Balancing pros and cons is why this sub-forum was created.

The Bizer chart shows a steep rise off Diamond Island. But the reality is that the bottom slopes gradually enough that a depth alarm would have worked in this case. Where else would that suggestion be seen at this time but at a site devoted to the Big Lake?

I stand on what I saw two hours before the collision and the moon being full. Laconia airport should have the visibility archived online (WMUR, 3 miles).

Did the video of the scene operate for you? I got only audio, went to the scene, went only once, and wasn't the only boater there. The ledge is four feet above the lake, not six feet. There was much personal information shared among the other boaters. Because it was incidental to the collision, none will be repeated by me on this forum.

Three messages have arrived for me. One is unprintable, another is supportive, saying "it took courage to write what we're all thinking". The last is generally supportive, but asks that an NHRBA error be fixed. When I hear back, I'll make the correction.

And there was absolutely no sarcasm to the suggestion that a memorial wreath should be floated there, as it should. And soon.