View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #23
bigpatsfan

Wink

Why only up to 12 years old?? Why not up to 18 years old which is the age of adulthood??? After all, anyone under the age of 18 is not considered an adult so why shouldn’t we protect them against the North Sea like waves of Lake Winnipesaukee.

Lets face it, teenagers and coordination?? Shouldn’t we protect these kids? How can we turn our backs on these young adults?

As I think about this law, what I am thinking is that we should institute a test to determine swimming ability. Given the fact that most of the boats on the lake are small (less than 40 feet) I would guess that being tossed overboard is a very real hazard so if you want to travel on the lake sans a life vest you need to pass a swimming test… you know tread water for 30 minutes.. swim a mile…etc. If you do not pass the swim test, you will be required to wear a life jacket at all times.

Also, we need to protect the elderly, maybe require someone older than XX to wear a life jacket. We need to protect these people as they typically do not want to admit that their physical abilities are not what they used to be.

Hey, I just wanted to have some fun and had extra time to kill..
bigpatsfan is offline   Reply With Quote