View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
PaugusBayFireFighter

Default Recycle Laconia!...maybe not?

Last winter there were notices sent out in Laconia saying any homes not recycling would not receive trash pick up. I thought that was a great way for me and anyone else not recycling to start. I went to the public works dept. in Laconia and got all the info from a friendly employee. He explained that Laconia's plan was to eventually make a profit from the materials and lessen the burden on the landfills and environment. Great, I thought, I'll jump on board and do my part. I grabbed the free green bin and purchased a large recycling barrel with wheels.
So, all summer I was the recycling guy for the homes! I found myself digging recycles out of my trash that friends and family accidently throw away. I really got into it.

Our trash is picked up on Monday mornings. Recycling is every other week. I put my trash and recycle bins out last night. This morning I heard the truck backing up my road, the back up alarm at 7am is a good indication the trash guys are here. I wondered who would take the aluminum lawn chairs I placed between the recycle and trash bins. I watched them put the trash/garbage bin in the lifter that dumps the trash into the truck. I then saw them pick up the chairs. I thought, OK, the trash guys took the chairs instead of the recycle truck. Then, not suprising to me, they dumped ALL the recycle stuff in the same truck as the trash

Maybe I'm confused. Is this the way it's done? They make you seperate everything into bins and then dump it all in the same truck?
Needless to say, I'm not thrilled about recycling in Laconia anymore. That was a huge let down. I'll still do my part, but I won't be digging in the trash or keeping an ugly green bin in the house.
Just plain stupid.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post: