Thread: C J Avery's
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 02:52 PM   #4
B R

Default CJ's not the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbathe
I'm glad you had a good experience at CJ's -- it was long one of my favorite places for dinner, but last year or so we went a couple times and it wasn't the usually very good experience we had become used to. Maybe that's part of the reason they were having a quiet night, or it could have just been the weather.

If you're there, try the filet wrapped in bacon. Many nights I wanted to order a second one after the first.

This was my favorite restuarant on the lake for years and years. they always had the best prime rib. the last time we went there last year, and the two times this year have been a disappointment. too bad. i'd like it to go back to the way it used to be.

as far as the reservations being down; i suspect you'd see that all over the lake. we've noticed more vacancy signs for hotels this year than any year in the past. besides this weekend, it's been dead on the lake.

boats are down this year, so are the lines at the restuarants and there are vacancy signs everywhere for hotels. do ya think there's a link here?