View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
crowsnest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
Thanks for all your replies. I agree that I am better off not buying a PWC as prior to the boat licensing law I had owed 2 PWC and I would cringe whenever someone got on them and drive away on them. I sold those after the very 1st year. I'm hoping that the new law about needing to be licensed will help. We have tons of guests and if I explain that you need to be licensed then maybe they will be discouraged. I also think that the kids & I (ages 16 & 19) if they are taught properly that we may really enjoy them. I'm leaning toward buying a couple PWC in the price range of $1100-$1500. I know many have said to buy a 4 stroke but I cant afford to spend that kind of money right now with college tuitions etc. I'm thinking I will end up with something in the 1996-1999 for the kind of money I could afford. I hope I do not pickup someone elses problems Its amazing how many people do not realize how important it is to know the lake and its marker system. When I have guests at the lake house I always try and educate them as to how important it is to "know the lake". People just think your fine if you stay in the middle where its deepest. Those experienced folks know that theory will get you in deep dodo! Have not had time to activly go visit any PWC but hope to in the next week or so!!
We picked up a 1997 seadoo 2 stoke in the middle of the season last year My son was 15 and daughter 20 and they went and got there boating license with my wife. My son did not want to come to the lake much last season now I cant get him to stay home he was out last weekend in the rain. I think it will keep the kids busy. We call are jet ski the baby sitter
crowsnest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crowsnest For This Useful Post: