View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #9
KittyHawk

Default Aviation Museum of New Hampshire

Just heard from Jack Ferns, Director of the Aviation Museum of NH, who had some interesting leads about pioneer flying and flyers in New Hampshire. We'll see if these lead anywhere with the investigation of NC975M's flying exploits. I plan on a Museum visit when winter breaks - and suggest all here stop in when passing Londonderry.

Might be mundane for some, but I find it intriguing that two barnstormers spent nearly every summer in the 1940's to 70's flying on floats from Paugus Bay Seaplane Base in this 1931 Kitty Hawk biplane. Because I live and fly in the Shenandoah Valley, she'll not return to the air on EDO's, but I will carry photos and notes about those decades with us on our own 21st century adventures. Restorers almost all carry a scrapbook on their planes' histories, repairs, resurrections and legacies. Makes for interesting reading. Any I receive from Lake Winnipesaukee will be added to the book.

A/S: out of town until SAT, will call Sun at 1155. Son's furnace was out for 2 days and no repairman wanted to work the weekend, so we had fun learning a new trade.
KittyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote