View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #8
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dippasan View Post
I don't know how old your "kids" are but I had 2 Sea Doo's for my 19 and 20 year old son's and I COULDN'T STAND owning them. They are a PITA! They're great for the guests, but major work for the owners.

New batteries every year
Ton's of gas and oil (no one ever re-fills them)
Difficult to protect at the dock without ramps or whips
2 more registrations and winterization's

Worst of all was when my guests and my son's friends would ask to use them. Everyone just thinks because it's a Sea Doo, that anyone can drive it! "No big deal...It's just a Sea Doo" they would say. They would be shocked when I would ask if they have an NH boating license. "I need a boating license for a little 'ole Sea Doo????"

I would have to explain to the knuckleheads that it's a 130 H.P. boat!

Every time someone pulled away from my dock on them, I would wait nervously for them to return. You have to help them get on, explain the controls and how to start it and then you have to help them tie back up. Try doing that for 5,6,7 newbie guests that are at your lake house on a Saturday. Not my idea of a relaxing afternoon on the lake.

I don't mean to sound un-fun. I have boats, snowmobiles and motorcycles. I love motorized things and love sharing them...but P.W.C.'s are a P.I.T.A.!!
I couldn't agree more! And lets not forget taking the lift in and out of the water as well as storage every year!! What a P.I.T.A.!!! I had two beautiful ones and sold both last year and never looked back!! Glad someone else feels the same way I do!

I know many here love PWC's and I am definitely in the minority so go easy on me!!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote