View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #19
Coolbreeze

Here is what I know and how I made my choice. The manually inflatable PFD's are just that, manually inflatable by pulling the cord. I think you should be able to swim with one on uninflated and activate it if you need it. The only question I would think about is how would the baffles inside the velcro holding fabric dry with out opening it all up. Anyway, I chose the auto inflate with the manual pull cord option and a blow tube to adjust the boyancy.
If i swim off the boat in the lake, I'll use a waterski vest... or my water wings. This vest was initially purchased by me to wear in windy bad weather or when I'm with my family boating at night. I have offered it to my father to use when he is boating alone or working around the docks alone as he is on the lake far more than I.
With that being said, I found that I actually donned the pfd each time I was in the boat, in any conditions day or night. It is so comfortable and not really bulky or noticeable like the orange cubes or a ski vest. So read up and try the manual inflatable pfd, you will like it.
Coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote