View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 08:10 PM   #24
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Kind of funny

I find this bill very interesting. You would think that in a state where the tourists are extremely important to the enconomy they would try to do things to entice people to come and visit. Not that I think many people will be detered from coming to NH because of this extra fee.... but it may stop some..... Another issue here I see, is that if the state expects out of staters to pay a fee to go boating, then the state better start making improvements in both the availability and conditions of public ramps.... After growing up out west where there where always nice ramps and docking facilities for the general public at lakes and rivers, I find that the facilities all over the northeast are poor, and if a state like NH wants out of state boater to pay a fee to use it lakes, it needs to also provide the facilities for people to do so....

I know they are working on this, on many lakes..... but if they want to pass a bill like this they need to hasten thier efforts....