View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #30
Squamie

Default Breakfast - not impressed

In general I am a fan of the original Mug for lunch and dinner and like what they have done to the interior of the Mug by the Bay. I went to breakfast last week for the first time and I was underwhelmed and will most likely not go back for breakfast but will probably try lunch or dinner (which I have not done).

I was by myself and it was a week day last week. It was very quiet only two tables and me. I asked the waitress about of a couple of menu items and was told in essences "I don't really like breakfast so cannot comment". I thought ok ... so I ordered one of the benedicts (tuscan I believe). It took close to twenty minutes for me to get the meal which was really slow especially given the place was empty. As some folks have commented the Latke was very disappointing to the point that I thought it was inedible. It was very hard and crusty like some shredded frozen potato patty that was way over cooked. The benedict did not have alot of taste and was on a sweet roll which was soft and mushy. I thought the hollandaise was tasteless as well and could have used some lemon.

When my plate was cleared I was asked "how was it" and I replied "it was ok" and there was no further follow-up from the waitress .. she just walked away.

Overall not impressed with breakfast ... will try it for lunch or dinner .... and will stick to the VK and Kevin's for a local breakfast.
Squamie is offline   Reply With Quote