View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
It is really a combination of a bunch of things. Lack of respect for others including excessive noise, the drinking, running their boats over your anchor lines...just a real combination of things. We may stop by if we have little grandkids, but only for a litlle while.

And you are correct, not worth loosing a license over. I can sit on my back porch and look over our stream, watch the birds and other wildlife and not have to worry about driving.

Be well, BR...now back to the thread at hand. Pass the law.
I disagree with your generalizations of the sandbars. Noise? Maybe once or twice a year would we encounter a radio too loud. As for drinking, your portrayal of the sandbars makes it seem like excessive drinking is the norm. Spending much more time in West Alton than in Braun Bay, it's just not true. It is mostly families out there sunbathing.

As far anchor lines, that's a two fold situation as some people use anchor lines that are way longer than needed as well. Strategic planning can help in this situation

I get tired of people ragging on the sandbars as it's a convenient target. If just one of the boats moved and set anchor in from of a camp instead, someone would complain then too.

And the NHMP stats don't line up with perceived issues at the sandbars either.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post: