View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #52
Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kerr View Post
It is fortunate that no one was hurt on the boat that smashed into The Witches this time. The Witches are dangerous and every year boats hit the rocks there. Those accidents use valuable resources to rescue and recover people and boats.

Quote:
Something must be done to save us from this hazard.
Why is it the "governments responsibility to take care of us? What ever happened to responsibility for ones' actions?

Quote:
Experienced boaters as well as new and visiting boaters have trouble at The Witches so it is up to our government to do something to protect us. I urge you to petition your legislators to pass a law making it illegal to boat near The Witches. Charts, education and experience don't help prevent these accidents.
No, experienced boaters as well as most of new and visiting boaters have absolutely no problem with navigating their way around the Witches. You can see the proof of this every weekend in the summer. It is up to the Captain of his craft to safely navigate around any hazards he might encounter

Quote:
Ask any NH resident whether government should allow the public to continue to use their boats near these dangerous mostly hidden rocks and the vast majority will be in favor of protective restrictions. Make The Witches OFF LIMITS to power and sail boats. Don't wait for more injuries and destruction it's time to protect us now.
Again, it is not the responsibility if "the government". And yes Charts, education and experience can will and do prevent these accidents!

Quote:
At night I can see boats in that area. It worries me and it scares me. Some might have young kids on board who are put in harms way by being near that dangerous area of the Lake. We must do something now to protect everyone.

Make The Witches a prohibited boating area.
To reiterate, it is already is and has been for decades.

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of Obamunism should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest the Republic become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

. . .Evidently nothing.

(Cicero, 55 BC augmented by me, 2010 AD)
Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote