View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
dippasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holeinthewall View Post
If your Four Winns has the correct propeller, it should not be porpoising. Chances are, the correct propeller was damaged and the previous owner replaced it with something that could he could get used or cheap.

Talk to a dealer about what you should have, either Winnisquam Marine, or Melvin Village. There are so many of those boats out there, it is hard to believe they would perform so poorly.

Or google it.

I am sure there is a solution that will not require trim tabs, and like the other contributors said, don't put on a the wing on. The wing is out of the water when you are planed off. It will have no effect.

Good Luck!
Great info from everyone. What a great resource for information.
The link that Woodsy sent to me was great and showed all the boat specs including the recommended prop. It calls for a 14.25 x 21. The prop on the drive now that seems to be causing the porpoising is a 15 x 17 and my spare is a 14.5 x 19. At least the 14.5 x 19 is close and will hopefully make a big difference. If you see a Four Winns running laps between Sleepers and the sand bar this weekend....you'll know why. I'll be testing props.

Thanks!!
dippasan is offline   Reply With Quote