View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #78
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Laker View Post
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
All I do have is an affidavit from the Amsoil dealer attesting to the product sold to me, but it won't do much good. After all, it doesn't have quantity or dates of purchase, or say when oil was poured in the engine, or that it ever was, or that old oil was drained out, or new filters put in....
I'm curious about why you used Amsoil. The only reason I run synthetic oil in all my machines is so that I can change oil less often. I routinely run 10,000 miles or more in my Toyota Matrix and 6,000 miles or more in my Kawasaki ZX9R, between changes, with Mobil 1. I realize this is outside of the recommended change interval for both, but they both have a lot of miles have been out of warranty for years. Other than superior cold weather flow, and buttery shifting in my motorcycle (the engine and transmission share the same oil) I can't think any other reasons, except longer change intervals, to use synthetics, unless they are required for the engine.

If you used Amsoil for extended change intervals, I doubt Hyundai would care what brand oil you used and would deny warranty service.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote