Thread: Is it Just me ?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Phantom

Default Is it Just me ?

This past Holiday weekend I think I saw more boats in the 3 day span passing on the wrong side of Markers than I have seen collectively all Season !!

To head off the obvious, these were NOT Labor Day rentals and being a veteran I know there are a lot of "local knowledge" markers.

What I witnessed made me cringe. I actually waited and watched most because I figured I would have to lend assistance (happily not). I am talking about some significantly sized vessels (28-34ft).

Given some of the shortcuts taken, if they try that again in about 2 weeks there will be some serious regrets.

Which brings me to a question for the Forum;
I was always under the impression that the entire area to the NW side of Eagle (side opposite the NWZ) is littered with numerous rocks and that the markers form a "perimeter" (similar to the witches) leaving the only "safe passage" being between FL#44 (Red Top) and the adjacent black top on the Pitchwood side. True or untrue ?

In addition to my comments above -This is another area that I consistently see boats "splitting" the markers and cutting Eagle Isl. a little too close in my humble opinion.