View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #51
Wolfeboro_Baja

We went through the graveyard on Aug. 1 and had our own incident. Heading north just as we were exiting the channel, another boater was just entering the channel heading south. He wasn't doing 40-45mph but he certainly wasn't at no wake speed given the fact we were both in the channel (so in close proximity).

Judging from the descriptions of other boaters causing problems in the graveyard that day (as described in this thread), I don't think any complaints were about me so that's a relief! Lots of times I find I'm second guessing myself, wondering if I did the right thing, was I wrong or right in this, that or another situation. With so many boneheads out there, it's hard to know if I'm doing the right thing.

I also had an incident in the NWZ between Eagle and Governor's islands. As we were exiting that NWZ heading back to Wolfeboro, another boater was entering the zone, seemingly headed towards the Weirs. He waved but didn't slow down much, probably doing 25-30mph (enough to stay on plane). I'm sad to say the other boater was driving a Baja; I didn't wave back. I'm sure he thought I was being snooty but I can't witness this kind of driving and pretend not to see it and wave back, especially in an area as obvious as a posted NWZ.
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote