View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #11
paintitredinHC

I can certainly understand your perspective, as you rarely participate in water sports. That said, I think this is a good video for everyone to watch because it helps general boaters understand an experienced rider/driver's best practices.

I'll give you an example - say you are coming down a bay and you see another boat coming directly towards you with a skier. It would be greatly appreciated if you signal your intended course with a slight point of your bow to either port or starboard of the oncoming boat. At a safe(150') but not exaggerated distance, pass the boat and then cross right back into your original path. The idea here is to stay in the same line as the boat towing the skier/rider as they will likely take multiple passes along the same path. If you cross their path even hundreds of feet away, you will send rollers down the line. If you took a wide arching path to avoid the skier, again, you send rollers along the full length of the line.

To be fair, everyone doesn't need to follow these rules, but now that you know the best practices, it doesn't hurt to be considerate of other boaters does it?
paintitredinHC is offline   Reply With Quote