View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Oh a few other observations from Sunday, as the day progressed the wind died down and the skies cleared nicely. I did notice that the fish that I did see on the finder were suspended about 30 feet in the water column right on the edges of any underwater structure, IE significant depth changes. Flat water and a high sun angle probably drove them a little deeper than you'd normally expect this time of year. Trolling perpendicular to versus along the edges of seemed to be the trigger. Both were caught as I was passing over back into the deeper water versus on the other side as I was approaching. I like to fish areas were I'm seeing a variation of 40+ feet the harder the variation the better, and nothing shallower than about 25'.

I agree with you Dan I'm a HUGE fan of orange and I have a box half full of silver guns that are bright orange with back dots as they have always been never fail for me. Sunday they were having none of that but like you I was being stubborn with one pole not changing that out. I should have swapped over to my second favorite, the ladybug, copper with a shading of red w/ black dots on one side.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: