View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #60
sa meredith

Default long drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wMw View Post
I would agree that the drive from Wolfeboro to Weirs Beach and back can be very beautiful, but in the winter there would certainly be some white knuckle drives. If you do decide on Wolfeboro just remember that I live in Weirs Beach in a house that is way too big and would be glad to offer Tracy shelter from the inevitable storms.
It's funny...I've made the Meredith to Wolfboro drive many times over the years, to go for dinner/drinks, visit friends, or just hang out for the day. And never gave the drive a second thought...actaully enjoyed it.
And then this past summer, had to make the drive a few times for non- recreational purposes. And a couple of times was running late...it was then that I realized how truly long and misserable it really can be. I actually said to myself on one occasion, sitting in traffic, "this drive sucks!"
Given a choice, if one has to commute to Ma at all..even a couple times a month, living in Wolfboro would not be ideal. Although it certianly seems to be a great town.
Travelling by boat, it is one of our favorite stops...when you can find a spot at the docks...not the easiest ones to navigate, though.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote