View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #121
Sunset View

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs1342 View Post
Hey folks, Beware of what you wish for as far as the Weirs needing to change. Change to what? Upscale is where i see it going in the future which will drive out the working class. I like it honky tonk and bike week forever. Can anyone afford Meredith Bay? If more of these type developments continue I guarantee kiss bike week goodbye. Then the beloved drive-in becomes more condos and before long what attracted people to the Weirs becomes like any other onclave for the wealthy.
PJS, I ride a Harley, am a professional business person and I value your point; mine was merely focused on the embarrassment that is the burned out, falling apart and accident waiting to happen WOS. I hope it can be torn down soon and a replacement of similar venue put up in its place. Honky-tonk is one thing, a structural pit is another. I don't think anyone on the forum ever said or suggested anything "Upscale", I'm with you, the offerings in Meredith are ridiculous.........that all said and I think you'd agree, the Wide Open Saloon is an eyesore and if anyone believes this burned out dump is attracting any people to the Weirs, then I too respectfully give up. I'd suggest to everyone/anyone that wants this type of eyesore in their backyard to forget fireworks at Funspot, The Weirs, Meredith, Winnisquam, Center Harbor or Alton; bring all your fireworks this July 4th to the front of the WOS, celebrate your love of filth, burned out buildings, no tresspassing signs and the hazard that this structure has become and light away with gusto.........welcome to Talledega Nights Weirs style. Ricky Bobby!!!!!!
Sunset View is offline   Reply With Quote