Thread: 2012 Fuel Costs
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #74
Happy Gourmand

Quote:
Originally Posted by This'nThat View Post
Ok, so you weren't able to understand my previous quotes. My apologies. How about these; remember, now, this so-called president is telling us precisely how to get gas prices down:
  1. "If we can figure out how to make energy out of algea, we'll be doing alright. Believe it or not, we could replace up to 17 percent of the oil we import for transportation with this fuel that we can grow right here in America." - Barack Obama
  2. “Making sure your tires are properly inflated – simple thing. But we could save all the oil that they’re talking about getting off drilling – if everybody was just inflating their tires. And getting regular tune-ups? You’d actually save just as much!” - Barack Obama
Obama has no interest at all at reducing gas prices. It's all about apeasing his radical environmentalists. Because this isn't an energy policy -- it's a clear sign of pure stupidity.
I'm not inclined to get into a pi$$ing contest with you or anybody else. Yup, the current President has made some bad decisions that did not please every citizen of this great country. But then, so has every president, at least since George Washington. (Does that cover all of them?) I think we would all be better served if we could all make an effort to work WITH the current administration regardless of who might be occupying the oval office. The attitude of bipartisanship that permeates all of Washington and beyond is tearing this country apart. We're in serious trouble, let's all do what we can to work together with civility and compassion toward each other. Then, and only then will we be able to turn this sad state of affairs around and move forward to again making this the very best and most respected country in the world.