View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #44
Belmont Resident

Default But

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmac View Post
The reason for for the number of oil filters and oil are simple.It is a requirement in the owners manual as do many other manufacturers that you produce maint.records for LOF being done every 7500 miles. So it may sound like alot but they put it in black and white.
I've NEVER heard of this, but I've never had a problem with any vehicle I've owned in my life. So that being said who reads the warranty until they need it. I looked and found a short thing about, should it become necessary you may be asked to produce receipts for service work. Sounds like from what the dealer said even if receipts were produced they still would have questioned weather the oil was used since CL said they questioned the filters being installed even though they were purchased.
I for one have always purchased oil by the case and as with my truck my filters, but I never save receipts. Cash & carry. But I also do not write off repairs, instead millage.
I find it odd that the dealer would take a quick look at the vehicle and right away say user error. CL stated they just took a look at the oil and said your fault. How can you tell by just looking at the vehicle/oil and not into the engine what caused the problem.
There are several things that can go wrong inside of today’s engines that can cause an oil to degrade in a very short period of time. Some have already mentioned a couple.
The local Hyundai dealer used to be Belknap Hyundai and now is owned by the Irwin Zone. I for one have had several complaints about the Irwin zone, as have others on this forum. As soon as my truck was out of warrantee it went to a diesel truck shop. They found and fixed several problems that Irwin’s did not. As for dealer pricing, 4 ball joints cost me $550.00 while the Irwin Zone wanted $625.00 per side with alignment.
Sounds to me like big business doing what they do best; pushing the little guy around.