View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 08:13 AM   #55
Not to Worry

Default FL resident

Please do not blast me if I repeat something that has been said since I did not read the whole thread.

I am a snowbird. I spend 6 months + in FL. I became a resident because the tax burden is lower in FL than NH and the homestead exemption is an added benefit, your situation may be different than mine but it should be easy to figure out if FL helps or not.
I bought insurance in FL that allows me to go anywhere in the US and pick my own docs. Is it expensive? Sure is but the cheaper option were not realistic for anyone who is out of state for awhile AND even if I was living just in NH I sure would want the option to go to Boston if I needed or wanted to.

RE: My car is registered in FL. I do have a small car that lives in NH and that is registered in NH and it can be driven anywhere but it is suppose to come home after 3??? days or some other nonsense but regardless the car is insured and I will not lose any sleep about driving it out of state.

So....IMHO....FL residency is a no brainer if that is where you will spend 6 months per year.
Not to Worry is offline   Reply With Quote