View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #99
911 Carrera

Default LLM and it's bridge (???)

Admittedly I am new to this forum but I have vacationed on the waters of Winnipesaukee for many years and am quite familiar with many of the local marina's operations and their operators. After reading this thread for the first time I could not believe how much misinformation and conjecture there has been regarding the Formula boat line, PBM and LLM. Frankly some of the posts here are incredible in their inaccuracy and certainly not fair especially to both Formula and LLM. Ms. Blizzard was not the problem she has been made out to be. The economy is the real villian as it has been throughout the entire marine, RV, etc. recreational industries. Realize that very few marinas on Winni maintain the dealer status they had five years ago with manufacturers.

Now the Lakeport railroad bridge is being used as a tool against LLM. Let the record show it took LLM years to get permits from the state to do a project that cost LLM hundreds of thousands of dollars. That project opened up an area of the lake that had been previously inaccessible to some larger boats. Certainly PBM benefited without any expense to them.