View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #43
Bentley Boy

Default New Formula dealer

You, Mr. Breakwater, have the credibility problem. You clearly do not even have a basic understanding of the different models that Formula builds. Among those models are bow riders, cruisers, yachts and the SS lines. The "go fast" Formulas are known as FasTechs which are narrow beam boats with racing style seats, equipment and the like. FasTechs are built for optimum speed and performance and have competed well in off shore American Power Boat Association (APBA) sanctioned events.

The SS line are true "day boats" as they are an open cockpit wide beam design for the comfort and entertainment for more than five people. The 370 version is a wide beam at 10'6", not what would be considered a desirable racing specification. I have owned both Formula FasTechs and SSs and, believe me, there is no comparison between the two especially in performance. They are very different purpose built boats that only look somewhat similar.

As for the conditions that terrible night, judge not until you have been on the big lake on a moonless rainy night. After more than 35 years of boating on Winni I can tell you it can be absolutely frightening to say the least. In fact after the Diamond Island accident I spent nearly a thousand dollars on a marine GPS system. So Mr. Breakwater, I have been out there in those conditions, have you??

Last edited by Bentley Boy; 03-30-2011 at 04:14 PM.