View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #94
Happy Gourmand

Oh no....I never intended to imply that I am the "official" appointed reviewer of eateries in this area, sorry if I mislead you. I don't think I sued the word "official" in my post. In fact, I have been a member of this forum since April 2004 under another name. I chose to post and chose to remain anonymous for reasons that became evident shortly after my infamous review of a very popular local eatery. I knew I would be crucified, but was so disappointed with my experience that I felt that others had to know that there was something awry with at least one aspect of the newly relocated establishment. I felt that the change too drastic to be an isolated issue. I was right. I am a long time customer of WP's and don't intend to change.
I use Phantom because I wish to remain anonymous. I suppose Gourmand could easily be construed as a play on the word Gourmet, it's first meaning is GREEDY, but I prefer the second...a person who likes to eat.
I am not a gourmet or a restaurant executive ( I like some wines that come in a box! ) but I guess I could be classified as a former restauranteur as a former owner and operator of an eatery very similar to many surrounding the lake. Does that give me any credibility? Probably not, but that's ok too.
Samiam, thanks for your thoughtful responses and your comments. I appreciate them and apologize if I even seemed to mislead anybody into thinking that I am something I am not. If gourmands were on the left, and gourmets on the right...then I guess I could be classified as a leftist extremist .
So, now I'll retreat to wherever Phantoms retreat to. The thing about Phantoms though, you never know where we'll show up next.
Bon Appetit ! ( Thank You, Julia! )
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote