Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #410
VtSteve

Hmmm, 30 ey? I was out last night, a beautiful night for a change. A pontoon boat, a small bowrider, wandering around the bay, no lights. Two other boats heading for me, but slightly off to port, stated to head directly towards me as though I was their waypoint

There were several GFBL boats out and about last night, as well as quite a few cruisers. Except for the cruiser wakes, no issues at all. Kind of a typical scene over here, and from the various boards I'm on, many other places. There are those that simply not mature enough to handle any boat, and those that do stupid things in GFBL boats.

I drove last night according to conditions. It was bright enough, calm enough, beautiful. On an otherwise perfect night, I went between 10mph and 20mph due to captain bonehead issues. Take your GFBL bias and try to relate to something useful. Your comments on a Formula 37 are immature, irrelevant, and take place when there are many dangerous 25mph boaters endangering the public.

Obviously a personal issue for you, and you even take offense at the suggestion that AIS be used to point out accident issues. If your own opinion is the boat was going 30, what does that mean in your world? You hate them more for having money and piloting a 37' boat? 60mph is neither a GF or a BL boat generally. I doubt many would want a 37' express type cruiser making loud exhaust noise.

Occasionally, your real opinions come out, and they revel you really have nothing to pick on but those type of boats. Now we have to ban Cobalt bowriders in NY due to their driving up on the mainland, and breaking the speed limit and distance limits as well. Guess what? AIS again. Perhaps we could get the drunks to only have boats you like, and limit them to 10mph. That wouldn't have aided me last night, they still would aim for me and have no lights on.

Yes, I did radio them in.