View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 09:38 PM   #2
SBC

Default Harrasment?

I know that the public waters of the state are just that...public waters for all to enjoy, and it is a priviledge given to the users by the state. The landowners sometimes think they own their little piece of the water so think about it a little differently.

Suppose you plunked down $150K for the land, built a house for another $150K and then pay another $3-5K a year in taxes. For some this is their idea of how they want to spend a few precious weeks a year in 'relaxation'. So now those boats, which naturally come with a water enviornment (who'd have thunk?) come around and block your view, make noise, have fun and generally make the water splash vigorously on your carefully landscaped shoreline. Hmmmm, those damned boaters!

All that is a lot of money for a Po' boy like me but may or may not be much to some who think they may have 'bought' some peace and tranquility in the woods and waters of NH. AND NOW THE TRANQUILITY IS GONE BECAUSE OF THOSE BOATS!!!

These are just randon thoughts and may not have any accuracy as far as the $'s are concerned but thiking about how a landowner may be thinking when he is yelling at me to not go so close to his piece of paradise.

ARF-ARF!!

I don't know Ken. What about a one-on-one to let the landowner know you are just a regular guy and we all share the great places known as lakes and ponds (over 10 acres of course)?
SBC is offline   Reply With Quote