View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #47
Nagigator

Default whoa, again........

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB2 View Post
One posting notes:

"I was just reading "Where is everybody?" If I were to come to this lake and read a thread like this, I would wonder about the nice folks here at our wonderful lake. This is not the way we want to present ourselves is it??? There really are many many nice warm welcoming people on this Forum. Let's start again and erase this thread. It is inappropriate to talk like this about someone."
While I personally find abrasive media personalities problematic, I believe that the author, Lucky1, has the right perspective. Before saying-writing anything I ask myself, Would my words be true? Fair? Necessary? Frankly, many of the posting in this thread fail those tests. The collective silence of Forum members speak volumes.

"Where is everybody?" Based in part on this Forum, I spend most of my tourist-retirement dollars outside of the lakes region.
Based in part on this forum? What in the world did this forum do to turn you off? Its a collection of nice people talking about this great area. What is wrong with a spirited debate that occurs sometime? I get the greatest info and get to feel like I am there even when I'm not. Your loss, dude............
Nagigator is offline   Reply With Quote