View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoodfam View Post
Lakefront has its privileges and its drawbacks - though the drawbacks are VERY few in comparison. One is noises on the lake late night. If this is the first time you've been awakened then consider yourself lucky - or maybe this is your first season, in that case get used to it! Not everyone takes into account how their actions directly or indirectly impact others - thats reality. Noise machines, an airconditioner, or fan (like KC said), work best at masking the sounds of the lake. I am sure there are those who will argue and say that somehow it is within their rights to not be disturbed...and I am not disagreeing with you, only trying to offer a suggestion if our friend is a light sleeper.

I prefer the sounds of the lake over a fan, ac or anything - and on occassion, will be jarred out of bed by the sounds of a large boat with a noisy engine. (AGENDA??) Nope, I wish my 20 foot runabout had the capability of noises like the bigger guys but in reality it doesn come close - though it would sure enable me to get back at my neighors every now and then...although I must admit having an infant in the camp during the summer - windows wide open and baby screaming at 4 or 5am sometimes just makes me smile, knowing the neighbors have probably just hit REM4 and were jarred awake! And at 5am - since I am up with the babies - I get in my boat with the baby and head off to get my cup a joe and morning news! Sorry if the dog barks incessantly as I leave her on the dock...that would drive me crazy!!

I was saying I'm sure it's on SOMEONE'S agenda to ban boating at night, not pointing the finger at anyone in specific.