View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #85
Phantom

I have deliberately stayed away from this thread until now ....

pcmc - I get your intent, but I think that the "Chart Makers" have already done as detailed a job as can be accomplished given the space and level of detail that can be visually conveyed.

I too do not routinely boat in that area -- but if I found myself in that (or any other unfamiliar area) I would be grabbing my "Chart" and looking for the "dashed lines" as my safe route. The dashed lines I believe are about the best we can hope for from "Chart Makers" and typically solve the ambiguous approaches to markers.

There does come a point when too much detail on the Chart becomes so cumbersome with detail that it begins to be useless (to glance at).

With regard to your comment "Why not start a specific thread for identifying these hazards and the area they are located. Not for the sake of on going conversation, but specifically for the popular chart makers to view and research the claims with a simple drive by or how ever they could confirm the claim of a hazard." --- there is a Thread that Bizer opens each year for just that purpose and is currently active in the Forum .... see http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ad.php?t=18189

--- not touching the rest of this threads debate