View Single Post
Old 01-31-2006, 08:17 PM   #23
wildwoodfam

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD
These are all your words, not mine, that isn't what I said. I think a little compassion should be shown for the family of this guy. This guy didn't get up and say he was going to drown himself that day. I hope you are never in a situation where someone you love dies and holier than thou persons essentially profess that your loved one deserved to die because the person decided your loved one had broken a law.

Someone died, show some respect..

Someone Died who didnt need to - someone died who consciously knew what he was about to do was risky. Looking out before 300 feet of open water on any day in JAnuary - even one above freezing, even one of those nice 50 degree days and then making a run at that open water with any other than a BOAT is idiotic.

I repsect the dead for sure - but when you make a choice to put your life in danger and tempt fate, challenge God, push the envelope, whatever you want to call it....I cant respect that decision.

I am sorry for his family and the tragic loss of life, especially so needlessly wasted in this act of bravado or whatever it was.
wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote